PDA

View Full Version : what can I grow or will it live with pc's

fishguyxd
05-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Well i have not p/u any good lights yet. I am looking at a coralife fiixture to start the one with 2- 65 watt 10000 k and 2-65 actinics total 260 watts and lunars
I like the style and slimline I am aware it's cooling fans are probable more for show, but i'll try to get more air flow to this I would like to do the mh thing (but I have not found any fixture with 2 250's and that is narrow and not bulky )I have only seen aqualite with 150's. But I also think if I start with a pc setup till I get more experience then upgrade to better lights vho I am not sure but I am not 100 % on what i can grow in the tank and what I can not (i have heard lps etc) but I am not sure what that in tails the names of the corals I have heard I can do leathers ,xneia ,candy cane ,and a couple more is this true ? Would I be able to do a torch or brain ? l just looking foe some imput please on lighting ,corals etc. thanks :smile:

DanG
05-04-2005, 02:23 AM
What size is the tank, and how tall is it?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-04-2005, 02:35 AM
You really should consider going with MH because otherwise you'll spend twice to upgrade later. I'm now in the process of whiching some of my PC & T5 lighting to MH & I would have saved so much $$ if I'd done the MH thing first.

JME & JMO,

Anthony

fishguyxd
05-04-2005, 11:07 AM
72 bow frt 24 inch deep

danny zubot
05-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Try to get a hold of Ivan at Aquaria.ca. They said they were looking at getting a dual 250 watt DE fixture a while ago. They may have it by now.