PDA

View Full Version : What pump might work?

whaase
04-23-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm going to install a auto top off unit (electric). The top up container will be located in a closet behind my tank. I want to use 1/4" line from the pump to my sump, what kind of pump could I use? I thought about a MJ1200, with a reducer to get 1/4", but I'm not sure it will have enough power to push about 5' to my tank...?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Walter

Nemo
04-23-2005, 07:28 AM
What about just using gravity? If you put your top up tank above the hieght of your sump gravity will look after it for you, just will not be as fast as a pump.

AndyL
04-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Personally, I was thinking mag2, cheap (65$) and it'll lift the 5' needed.

Andy

StirCrazy
04-23-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm going to install a auto top off unit (electric). The top up container will be located in a closet behind my tank. I want to use 1/4" line from the pump to my sump, what kind of pump could I use? I thought about a MJ1200, with a reducer to get 1/4", but I'm not sure it will have enough power to push about 5' to my tank...?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Walter

plenty of power, I used to push 5 strait up up to my refuge from my sump with one.

Steve

whaase
04-23-2005, 05:49 PM
What about just using gravity? If you put your top up tank above the hieght of your sump gravity will look after it for you, just will not be as fast as a pump.

I want to hide the container in a closet behind my tank. Also, I already bought the electric top up unit. :biggrin:

Walter

whaase
04-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Good, thanks. Makes is easy then. I already own a extra MJ...

Walter

Any ideas?

Thanks, Walter

plenty of power, I used to push 5 strait up up to my refuge from my sump with one.

Steve