PDA

View Full Version : The toll stands at the following so far..

DJ88
11-03-2001, 07:57 PM
2 acro colonies. images/smiles/icon_sad.gif images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

Cream colored staghorn didn't make it.

Now my fav green staghorn is gone..

Gorgonian....

Pagoda

Bubble

Pollicipora all of it. images/smiles/icon_sad.gif images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

acro frags. all

Possibly the fiji yellow leather.. images/smiles/icon_sad.gif images/smiles/icon_sad.gif images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

The tissue has sloughed off of most of the acros and the pollicipora in my tank.

All montipora looking ok. (weeds live through anything).

The only LPS looking good is the open brain.. images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

Thanks for all the water Marc and Tim.. appreciate it.. Big time..

Troy, Scott, Shao I'll be in touch. May still need water and a place to house what has survived. If any does.

Clams look ok. Some dead snails. Cleaner shrimp dead.. CBS not looking too hot..

Saddleback anemone not looking all that well..

Sigh.. thanks again guys..

I'll keep you updated..

To top it off.. The damn&d flat worms are back..

[ 03 November 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

SuperFudge
11-03-2001, 08:05 PM
Ohhhhh Jeeeez images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

Man,im sorry to hear that Darren.

Lemme know if you need anything,Marc.

[ 03 November 2001: Message edited by: Fudge ]

DJ88
11-03-2001, 08:46 PM
Thanks Marc,

You helped lots with the H2O.

Started throwing out dead SPS. no tissue, no polyps.. white bleached skeletons.. images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

And say thank to Pat and Tim.. they gave me water as well. Already set up with salt..

Tank is looking empty..

TimT
11-03-2001, 08:48 PM
Hi Darren,

Just to let you know that the bucket of RO water was actually mixed with IO salt. Check the salinity before you add salt.

Cheers,
Tim

DJ88
11-03-2001, 08:51 PM
I did Tim.. as well Titus got ahold of me..

Thank you so much.. I really appreciate it..

I'll be out next weekend most likely so if it is ok I'll drop by n say hello..

titus
11-03-2001, 11:41 PM
Hello Darren,

I'm so sorry to hear what happened. Yikes.

Titus

Tropical Paradise
11-04-2001, 12:22 AM
hi Darren,

Sorry to hear about your losses. Too bad I can't help out here in California. That's why I am constantly worried about my tank. It's sitting at home in Surrey without my TLC. My girlfriend comes over every 2 or 3 days to dose kalk. And I couldn't ask her to do more cuz she's got work and school. What a wonderful woman.

Hope your tank will recover soon.

Kai-Wei

Acro
11-04-2001, 12:52 AM
hey darren sorry to here. I'm not sure if I missed something but how did it get that warm? I know it's to late but you have to increase oxygen when it gets that warm might still be good to get some extra air going in there. later jamie

reefburnaby
11-04-2001, 02:55 AM
Hello Darren,

Sorry to hear about your losses. Was it heater failure ? Hope you and your tank recover soon.

- Victor.

DJ88
11-04-2001, 09:34 AM
Jamie,

THe heater in the sump switched on and stayed on. It hit 94. and I have a feeling it was for a very long time.

Add to the list;

hammer

brown leather

second bubble coral

Pineapple coral.

branching hammer..

Tank is pretty much wiped out..

Not dealing with this very well..

[ 04 November 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

One_Divided
11-04-2001, 01:36 PM
Darren, So sorry to hear about your tank! It was the nicest tank I've ever seen in person. I know that's about the greatest fear any reef keeper could have.. Wake up and the tank is toast.. I've even had nightmares!

I'm sure you'll have it back together in no time! Good luck with the rest of the corals. images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

DJ88
11-04-2001, 03:54 PM
All softies are gone now.. only the swollen brain is left for LPS.

Clams still look ok tho..

think I may just see if anyone can take my fish for me..

THe tank is dead.. hair algae is going crazy.. in a day.. it is on everything..

Think I am jsut going to shut it down..

[ 04 November 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

gboots
11-04-2001, 05:55 PM
DJ88,
I am relly sorry to hear of your loss images/smiles/icon_sad.gif
I live on the Island so there is probably nothing I can do to help.

Best wishes for what ever you decide I hope thinks go well with recovery or a restart.

Glen

reefburnaby
11-04-2001, 06:39 PM
Hello Darren,

If you need any of my frags to restock your tank, just give me a shout.

I have had this happen to my tank too...but my heater died in the off position. To prevent heater failure from killing my tank in the future, I have two (or more) heaters on my tank -- two small heaters. The heaters are small enough that if one of them goes, it only heats it up to 84 to 85 F or cools it down to 75 F.

- Victor.

DJ88
11-04-2001, 06:46 PM
Thanks Victor.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I appreciate it.... images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I only have a smaller Ebo in there now.. will be buying a second one. Not gonna have this happen again..

I am going to give it a few weeks then see how it goes and start over. I will keep all the equipment running tho.. Ca reactor, Kalk stirrer etc.. Want to get it so this algae that has appeared dies off.

christyf5
11-04-2001, 09:15 PM
Darren,
Man, I'm so sorry to hear about your tank. I wish I could have helped out somehow. I have a spare heater if ya want. Its one of those ebo-jager ones (100 or 150 watts). Let me know and I'll bring it to the meeting.

Christy

Just read your post on RC. Didn't realize it was an ebo jager that crapped out on you. Maybe you don't want it after all images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

[ 04 November 2001: Message edited by: christyf5 ]

Sam Samy
11-05-2001, 01:24 PM
Darren,

Sorry to hear what happened to your tank. Hope everything works out for a speedy recovery.

I just started my tank, so I don't have much as for frags. But, I'll let you know when I have some for you.

canadawest
11-06-2001, 12:22 PM
Hey Darren, sorry to hear about your loss. I just got back from vacation yesterday and am trying to catch up on the boards today.

Anyways.. The Colt frags and leather frags that I bought from you are doing very well in my tank, and you are more than welcome to have some of each back when your tank finally is ready to host again.

DJ88
11-06-2001, 01:18 PM
Hey everyone..

Well it is going through another cylce of sorts. Eating up the nutrients and toxins. Changed about 2/3's of the tanks original water. WIll do one last change tonight.. Let it cycle then see how it goes..

I thank all of you offering me frags.. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (yes I am in a better mood) lol

I do know now that with the exception of a Fiji Yellow leather it will be a hard coral tank. Predominantly SPS. So those with SPS frags watch out.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Samw
11-16-2001, 12:46 AM
Darren, I might have missed it, but what brand of heater, what was the wattage, and how big was your tank?

DJ88
11-16-2001, 08:22 AM
It was an Ebo Jager 200W and my tank is a 33..