PDA

View Full Version : Flame Angels and SPS

chwkreefer
04-22-2005, 04:41 AM
Just wondering if anyone has had a problem housing Flame Angels with sps. I had a flame angle a number of years ago and it was fine with all my corals. But it wasn't an sps dominated tank at the time. My Flame died along with a number of other fish due to a long power outage. I'm thinking about getting one again, but I am curious to see if anyone has had a negative experience.

EmilyB
04-22-2005, 08:04 AM
I don't forsee any problem with sps nipping, but just don't plan on keeping it with clams. :biggrin:

marie
04-22-2005, 02:40 PM
My flame nips at small polyps. He has never damaged any corals, but all corals with small polyps only extend at night

danny zubot
04-22-2005, 03:09 PM
If you have enough SPS its attension won't be focused on one coral alone, so it should really cause too much damage.

chwkreefer
04-22-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't forsee any problem with sps nipping, but just don't plan on keeping it with clams. :biggrin:

Forgot about that possibility. I just recently tore my 150 apart to catch a bicolor blenny because he had a fetish for one clam. I don't even want to chance a posibility like that again.

StirCrazy
04-22-2005, 06:36 PM
I had a flame in my SPS tank for almost 2 years and never had a problem with it.

Steve