PDA

View Full Version : April Pics

Aquattro
04-22-2005, 03:26 AM
Here's the tank with a few more pieces added. We're sitting around 2 months now?

http://www.islandreef.ca/post/75april05.jpg

A monti I'm real fond of...

http://www.islandreef.ca/post/undata.jpg

And another old favorite...

http://www.islandreef.ca/post/cap0405.jpg

rusty
04-22-2005, 03:32 AM
Very nice can't wait till my tank looks like that

Willow
04-22-2005, 03:36 AM
wow it's looking great brad. i like the bb.

Aquattro
04-22-2005, 03:52 AM

Thanks. The BB sure makes cleaning really easy. All the crap settles in one spot, and gets siphoned on the weekly water change.

Willow
04-22-2005, 04:15 AM
i think whats left of my bed is coming out, i already have a huge bare spot in the middle growing coraline now.

StirCrazy
04-22-2005, 04:59 AM
you better move the monti up higher, he likes the light blast. Keep abusing him like that and I will have to take him back :mrgreen:

Steve

christyf5
04-22-2005, 05:11 AM
Looks fantastic Brad. :cool: Definitely makes me think about going BB as well.

Christy :)

sumpfinfishe
04-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Looks awesome Brad, nice recovery :biggrin:

That first monti pic: I have something very close to that what Jamie gave me just a
few months ago except my piece is branching.

I guess you better start building that new picnic table soon eh :razz: looks like your
gonna need it :mrgreen:

Doug
04-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Looking good Brad. :mrgreen:

Aquattro
04-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys! Rich, Jamie also has a piece of that monti, so it could be the same thing.

Acro
04-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey Brad, Looken good and nice to see things coming along.

Rich, I do have that same piece Brad posted but the piece I gave you is different. Lets just hope I still have them after the tank upgrade. :cool:

Yeah Brad if you just took those pics, shouldn't I be getting an overflow shot? :cool:

Aquattro
04-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah Brad if you just took those pics, shouldn't I be getting an overflow shot? :cool:

Doh!! Comin' up!!

Jason McK
04-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Looks great Brad, How are you coping with the reduced space?

J

Aquattro
04-22-2005, 05:50 PM
How are you coping with the reduced space?

J

therapy twice a week....

I've actually had to really consider carefully which pieces I add back to this tank. I also want to make sure I leave room for growth, because I really like the large mature colonies. This makes it tough when there is a big space open, and only imaginary future growth filling it. Stopping myself from just piling the fruit stand full is hard. I have a mental image of what the tank will look like in a year, so I need to stand by that plan.
That will of course require me to exercise control when I see purdy frags begging to go home with me!! :biggrin:

rickjames
04-22-2005, 07:28 PM

I think even Brad wanted to he couldn't even have pea gravel stay on the bottom of his tank. You should see the flow! :eek:

sumpfinfishe
04-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah I remember now Jamie, that's one of the many others that I was drooling over :mrgreen: I have that gorgonian for you by the way!

Brad if you make it over, my tank is your tank-if there's anything you want you can have it free of charge and I'm two minutes from Chin's place :biggrin:

Oh yeah do either of you guy's know what these little white balls are that were all over my scroll coral, the pic is under my macro thread, sorry Brad just wanted to throw it at you and Jamie :mrgreen:

Aquattro
04-22-2005, 10:05 PM

I think even Brad wanted to he couldn't even have pea gravel stay on the bottom of his tank. You should see the flow! :eek:

I'm not even sure I could use patio bricks on the bottom!! :razz:

I keep hearing a clicking noise....it's from the hermits walking into the current, and hitting the glass at the far end of the tank!! :lol:

LostMind
04-23-2005, 05:12 AM
I keep hearing a clicking noise....it's from the hermits walking into the current, and hitting the glass at the far end of the tank!! :lol:

Hahaha, I have the same thing, except it's the cerith snails! They dont have a very good grip. I still want another tunze 6110 in my tank too :)

EmilyB
04-23-2005, 08:00 AM
You guys are horrid flow nazi's :evil:

StirCrazy
04-23-2005, 05:49 PM
You guys are horrid flow nazi's :evil:

:eek: is there any other way to go :mrgreen: don't worry Em, my crabs do fine now as there is a solid coat of coraline and they can hang on to it.

but the high flow sure does make the fish happy, just like an exercise wheel for a gerbel :mrgreen:

Steve