PDA

View Full Version : IPZ Advanced Test Kits

reeferaddict
04-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Hey everybody... I was by Island Pet Zone today as some stuff I ordered came in. Scott had a new shipment of tanks & stands from Oceanic, and some nice new test kits... Strontium, Iodine & Magnesium kits from Seachem. Now I can keep up with some of these essential elements without relying on "manufacturers directions" and running the fear of under or overdosing this stuff. Nothing I hate more than adding stuff to your tank without having a clue what the demand to additive ratio actually is. I had found these tests in short supply, but now he has them in stock.

The next few weeks will bring a lot of change in there as well as he will be setting up a thousand or more gallons of marine/reef stuff along with starting his own display tank. Scott says when this is done he will be looking to buy frags as well... but he'll let us know when he's ready to do that. Considering he had almost NOTHING a year ago, he's now making the plunge. I understand a few of you went there this last weekend - keep checking back and give him your input - he's getting new stuff all the time. I'm trying to talk him into wavemaker solutions better than the switching power bar type - unless any of the rest of you know of a secret little place on this rock that has other options... He's also got a good line on some RO/DI units - I'll keep you posted when mine arrives.

Marnie - your tank is beautiful! Quite simply a labour of love with many hours spent... great job - I hope mine compares one day.

Marnie
04-21-2005, 07:41 AM
My goodness...thank you :redface: . I will email you a pic of the present you brought me, its in a great spot.

I will have to take a drive and check out Island Pet Zone. Although with my recent lockout notice, I'm going to have to stay out of the pet stores until I am back at work. Now that is going to be difficult....

We will have to hook up again soon.....
Thanks again.

reeferaddict
04-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Let me know when you're going to drive by - I'll make sure I can show you the system. Lights are on 11 am to 1 am... :mrgreen:

rickjames
04-21-2005, 05:54 PM
That's promising that the guy at IPZ is going seriously with marine stuff. I am moving to Duncan this weekend so it will be handy to have a decent LFS nearby.

I have to say that last time I was there I was not impressed. But what are you are saying sounds promising, and I will definitely take another look.

Kabong
04-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah i was planning a trip up island next month and IPZ is definately going to be on the stop list.

christyf5
04-21-2005, 07:43 PM
I was in IPZ last weekend and while he didn't have much for livestock I was pretty impressed with his selection of drygoods, especially the buckets of 160g IO for $39.99!! :eek: Stuff is ridiculously expensive in Nanaimo and while I like to support the local stores I don't appreciate them fleecing me everytime I need something :rolleyes: He also had Sweetwater zooplankton (good for non-mysis eating fish) which I scoured all of online canada and finally got it from Drs. Foster and Smith down in the US and had to have it shipped to a friend in the US and then to me.

And he has plumbing supplies! Smart guy!

I'll definitely be heading back down once he has his new marine tanks set up :biggrin:

Christy :)

Aquattro
04-21-2005, 07:57 PM
especially the buckets of 160g IO for $39.99!! :biggrin:

This is apparently due to an order mix up, and therefore a limited time offer! So get 'em while they're there, they won't last long!

rickjames
04-21-2005, 08:10 PM
This is apparently due to an order mix up, and therefore a limited time offer! So get 'em while they're there, they won't last long!

They can have 'em, 330ppm Calcium , blah :confused:

My next bucket of salt will be Kent.

christyf5
04-21-2005, 09:12 PM
especially the buckets of 160g IO for $39.99!! :biggrin:

He told me that was regular price :confused:

mid-island reef
04-22-2005, 05:26 AM
I'm not too sure what you mean by a price mix up Brad. I have been getting my IO salt there for over a year now and it's always been $39.99. As for the Kent salt I was there today talking about his marine tank reno's and he mentioned that he will soon be offering Kent at a similar price.

.... Maybe you know something I don't?

Cheers,,,

RonD
09-14-2005, 03:26 AM
we went up to IPZ last weekend.. Scott greated us at the door with a smile. This was our first visit to his store and although he is in reno mode and little low on stock.. it was worth the trip. Prices were good on most things.. Look forward to seeing more of what IPZ has to offer in the months to come.

The Yellow aranga-Tang is loving his new tanks mates :)