PDA

View Full Version : Success Stories with Clownfish larvae?

dentin
04-21-2005, 06:03 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any success with breeding Clownfish from eggs to larvae? Tips or secrets to share?

Thanks in advance

G1GY
04-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Not sure about the success rate with breeding clowns, but I don't think they're larvae either. Maybe fry?

ed99
04-21-2005, 02:04 PM
The book "Clownfishes" by Joyce Wilkerson explains how to breed and raise clownfish. The trickiest part seems to be producing a suitable food source for them after they hatch.

Ryan
04-21-2005, 02:05 PM
G1GY Thats just what the young are called larvea. It is before they go through their metomorphesis (sp?). After that they are called fry or Juveniles.

Dentin if i remember correct someone on RC breeds them I will try to look for you and see.I remeber the thread it is "Keeping fish in pairs" I will look and let you know. A good book to get would be Clownfish by Joyce D. Wilkerson I have a copy here and love it. Tells you step-by-step how to not only raise the fry to adult hood but how to culture the foods you will need to prevail.

Ryan
04-21-2005, 02:08 PM
The book "Clownfishes" by Joyce Wilkerson explains how to breed and raise clownfish. The trickiest part seems to be producing a suitable food source for them after they hatch.

Ya that is a big problem another is perfect Water quality through metomorphesis (sp?). Each clown has its different level of ease what type are you trying to breed? If I know i can go through that book for you and get as much iformation as I can to help you.