PDA

View Full Version : Island group meeting and possible frag swap

audioguyjay
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi all...

I've been monitoring this group for quite some time, and it's nice to see the numbers growing so much. Been talking to some of the reefers here in Victoria and was thinking about trying to organize some form of an event (call it a frag & swap meet, social get together, ...whatever you want to call it) has anyone tried to do this? Need help, or want to help...or do people feel the need for such a thing? Let's start the ball rolling.

Private message me or lets get this thread discussion going....like to know what everyone thinks.

Cheers

Jaws
04-19-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm always up for a local meet. I don't have much to frag but I can always get a few $ together.

strat
04-19-2005, 06:00 PM
id love to go to a local meet. dont have any frags but would love to buy some. great idea :razz:

reeferaddict
04-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm all about seeing what everyone else has going on and how they get it done. The more ideas, frags and experiences we can share, the better. Let me know when and I'm in!

BCWolfen
04-20-2005, 04:57 AM
I've been looking at hosting a meet/swap/bbq this summer. Have big enough house in case it rains and great deck/yard if its sunny. Figured Nanaimo nice and in the middle for everyone. I'm all up for a meet down in Vic earlier than that. I would definately come down and volunteer to drive at least 2 others down.

Noj
04-20-2005, 06:00 AM
I have nothing to frag, but I would most definately be interested in meeting all you experienced reefers and learning some tricks.

rickjames
04-20-2005, 04:38 PM
I think a meet would be awesome. Depending on the timing I may have something to trade...

christyf5
04-20-2005, 07:03 PM
A meeting sounds great! :cool: I'm in Nanaimo but if I can help in any way let me know :biggrin:

Christy :)

TNTCanada
04-21-2005, 04:09 AM
I would love to meet more Reefers up in Nanaimo or Victoria I only have soft frags for trade but would love to see what everyone else has. If we need a place in Vic we can use my place the house isn't huge but have a big yard and a huge BBQ.

Cheers
tyler

Squiddy
04-24-2005, 01:26 AM
I'd be up for a meeting

Scavenger
04-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi, sorry I missed this thread. A while ago, I posted to get interest in just such a meeting up here in Nanaimo. I desided to go ahead with it and started planning.

What I had in mind was to use my large yard and get a few bbq's running and I have the room to make it a families welcome affair.
Since this is a marine themed group, my plan was to do a ton of fishing before hand and stock up on salmon, halibut, cod, prawns, shrimp, crab, clams and oysters and have a seafood smorgasborg. (with a bit of non seafood for those who don't care for it) and BYOB for those who wish.

In addition to this we could hold a frag swap, but now that I'm downscaling my reef, I would need suggestions and or help on how to accomidate holding the livestock.

I'm easy, if a Victoria local is better, let's meet there. If not my previous offer still stands. I'm thinking late July would work for my house. My only "rule" would be no minors drinking.