PDA

View Full Version : My clownsfish partner keep on dieying.

blood_hound
04-19-2005, 01:30 AM
I have my clownfish for 3 months now. At first I buy 2 clownfish but after a month her mate die 2 weeks later I bought another clownfish and he lasted for a week so I stop for a few weeks on trying to have my clownfish have a mate.. And a week ago I bought another one and now it just died.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible that my bigger clown is killing her partner?"But I did not see any aggression" And I also did not notice anything wrong with the they eat fine, no heavy breathing, I will just see them dead on my tank.
:cry: :frown: :frown: :cry: :cry: :frown: :frown: :cry: :frown: :cry:

Ryan
04-19-2005, 03:56 AM
Whats your water paramters?
What type of Clownfish?
It is probaly the original clown beating the crap out of the new oned. I would wait for a while and let this one grow. Then go buy yourself a smaller clownfish and try again.

blood_hound
04-19-2005, 04:11 AM
water parameter is Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0 but will sometimes spike on 20 ph 8.2
Its an Ocellaris clownfish and it is about 3 or 4 inches.

mr_alberta
04-19-2005, 04:17 AM
Are you buying the fish of roughly the same size? The male needs to be much smaller.

blood_hound
04-19-2005, 04:33 AM
I always buy a smaller clown.

But I think I have an idea why her partner is dieying,

I think my tank is a singles tank :mrgreen: because when I first stock up my tank everything is in pair(pair of cleaner shrimp,pair of fire blood shrimp, a pair of firefish and a pair of clown) but now their all single :lol:

"Just chearing my self up"

danny zubot
04-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Next time try re-arranging the rocks and other formations in your tank. This should theoretically hit the "reset" button for territory and make it an easier adjustment for the newcomer.

blood_hound
04-20-2005, 01:11 AM
re-arranging the rock in my tank would be imposible b'coz I have glued my rocks together