PDA

View Full Version : Zoo not opening fully.

blood_hound
04-18-2005, 03:56 AM
Its been 10 hours since a frags some zoo's and put it in my tank and I notice that some of the frags dont fully open.

Did I do something wrong during the fragging?

christyf5
04-18-2005, 04:07 AM
They'll probably take a bit to open. Be patient. I'm sure you'll see improvement tomorrow. Just imagine how you'd be if you went through that trauma. Arrgh my leg, its gone!!! :wink:

Christy :)

blood_hound
04-18-2005, 04:17 AM
Maybe I'll give it sometime to relax :mrgreen: maybe the operation shock him abit. What if it still doesn't open fully tommorow?

christyf5
04-18-2005, 04:19 AM
I find you really have to be patient with zoos. Maybe Bob can chime in here. Give it a couple of days, patience grasshoppah :wink:

Are any of the other polyps on the same frag open?? There is always the possibility that it may be a bit damaged from the ordeal and just needs a bit of time to recover. Either that or it will just shrivel up. Give it some time first before you start to fully freak out though :razz:

kuatto
04-18-2005, 04:22 AM
I wouldn't worry too much just give it time.I've had zoos stay closed for a week :eek: and just when I was about to give up they opened.I just finished a dozen more frags,some are still closed,while some opened within minutes.

Bob I
04-18-2005, 04:05 PM
I agree with Jim. Zoanthids can stay closed for weeks. When conditions are to their liking they will open again. They are pretty tough. I found a colony that had been upside down for months. The zoos had lost all their color. After several weeks they regained their color, and look fine now. :eek:

blood_hound
04-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Well I decided to move the frags near the bottom of the tank and after a few minutes almost all of it has open :eek: Maybe It doesn't like my lighting

christyf5
04-18-2005, 09:44 PM
it just needs some time to recover. just leave it where its happiest for now. you should be able to reacclimate them up higher later on. :biggrin:

Thats great that they're all okay! :mrgreen: