PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Silicon + Epoxy in E-Town?

Funky_Fish14
04-18-2005, 01:17 AM
Hey All,

Just wondering where to get a tube(Like a large tube that fits in a silicon gun) of silicon that is aquarium safe....and what type of epoxy to use to seal a wood tank? Thanks.

Chris

mr_alberta
04-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Not sure about the epoxy but you can get big tubes of Aquarium safe silicone at Home Depot (GE Silicone I IIRC) or pay twice as much and get the big tubes of "All Glass" brand aquarium silicone at Big Al's or Trident Pet Wholesales.

muck
04-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Not sure about the epoxy but you can get big tubes of Aquarium safe silicone at Home Depot (GE Silicone I IIRC).
Correct. As long as it is the "Windows and Doors" Silicone and not the "Kitchen and Bathroom" stuff. The "Kitchen and Bathroom" stuff has mildew resistant chemicals added. Not something you would want in your tank.

Funky_Fish14
04-18-2005, 03:49 AM
Ahh thanks a bunch. I read that brand was safe on a US site but I wasnt sure if it was in canada and wanted to make sure its safe lol.

Epoxy anyone? Hehe. Thanks.

Chris

Richer
04-18-2005, 04:24 AM
Try a canoe/boat making store for epoxy? I don't remember where I went... but I asked a couple years ago. It isn't cheap though :eek:

-Rich

Funky_Fish14
04-18-2005, 04:55 AM
Thanks Rich. I've heard that any epoxy is supposed to work.

Chris