PDA

View Full Version : Loc Line in Calgary

Willito
04-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Is there a place in Calgary that sell this? I just need about 4' plus a "Y" connector. What about online?

kari
04-17-2005, 04:40 AM
The only loc-line I could find locally is the cool blue and orange stuff intended for machine coolant. If you want the traditional black aquarium stuff, J&L and OA carries it.

kari
04-17-2005, 04:41 AM
I lied, the gray loc-line knockoff is available in Calgary.

Mikey B
04-17-2005, 04:55 AM
I get it here in Calgary at A.C.T. Equipment (Todd Currie).
Bay 10, 7003 30th Street SE.
279-6016 or tcurrie@actequipment.com

Also, big Al's has bits & pieces.

I have two return lines in blue with orange ends...looks kind of neat. It is a great product if you want to move your flow around.

Mike

Willito
04-17-2005, 08:07 AM
I think the blue and orange are totally what reefs are about. I prefer them color over the black ones anyways. I'll check hyour lead out Mikey. Where did you get yours Kari?

kari
04-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Picked mine up at A.C.T. That is were I seen the light gray colored stuff as well.

Willito
04-17-2005, 07:10 PM
I found some, but now do I need to also purchase the Hose Plier to connect the different segments together?

Mikey B
04-17-2005, 08:09 PM
I can manage without the pliers. Try snapping it together and apart before installing in the tank. Do all the assembly before snapping it into final position. I take it apart by bending it beyond its limit...snap!

The only thing I find is that my leverage is effected by how I can lean into the tank to snap and unsnap. Sometime I insert a small pry bar (end of a screwdriver) into it to snap it apart quickly in the tank.

Good Luck.

PS...don't have the ends pointed up when you turn on your pumps.....it will shoot water across the room.....

Mike

Willito
04-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Awesome, thanks for the tips Mikey. The cheapest I found so far is about about $10/ft. Is A.C.T any better, do you know?

kari
04-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Willito, where did you find it? Was it the black pipe? I guess it doesn't really matter on color since it gets covered in coraline anyway. I don't remember the price at A.C.T.

Mikey B
04-18-2005, 01:08 AM
As for price, I really didn't shop around after I found a good source for any part I needed (ACT). I didn't need too much of the stuff, so price wasn't an issue. They gave me a little catalog I order from. Also, the website is helpful. http://www.locline.com/

If you are doing lines that don't need to swivel around, I would use PVC. If you want to move things around or lift your returns out of the water to stop the back flow of water when the pumps are on, this stuff is great. You can also use different sized nozzles to increase or decrease the pressure coming out of the line. I have lots of leftover line and nozzles that I play with to alter the flow in my tank.

Mike

Willito
04-18-2005, 01:52 AM
I am getting them from here http://www.modularhose.com , they are similar to A.C.T for pricing with colors of blue and orange. Do you need some too?

Mikey B
04-18-2005, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I have more of the stuff than I really need. Some in black, but mostly in the blue with orange ends which I prefer.

I see your link is to a US source. You could buy locally and save the shipping, duty, etc....not to mention support the local guys.

Good luck.