PDA

View Full Version : coral banded shrimp

Snappy
04-16-2005, 08:11 PM
I believe it has eaten my yellow clown goby not to mention the sexy shrimp as well as killed a dragon face pipe fish. Time for him to go.
Are they known to be that aggressive?

Beverly
04-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Yes, I have read they can be very aggressive. Sorry about your losses :sad:

Also aggressive are arrow crabs.

Snappy
04-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Yes it is a jerk. I just discovered my banded pipe fish dead this afternoon as well. It's time will be short lived now.
I had an arrow crab in my other (main) tank for about 4 months and it just disappeared recently. Not aggressive enough I guess.

Bob I
04-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Yes indeed, there is a tons of anecdotal information as to their aggressiveness. They are very purty, but best left in a species tank. :eek:

dennenboom
04-17-2005, 05:44 AM
I feel for you,

I lost a clown and a purple psuedochromis to mine.

Dorkel Marine 1
04-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Just wanted to defend the Coral banded shrimp. Yes they are agressive. No do not put any other shrimp in with them. But my blennie and clown Goby along with two percula clowns have lived happily together for about 8 months with Sid. The only time he caught a fish in my tank was when one got sick and was sluggish. A bar goby I believe. Thats been my experience.

George

shadowboy
04-19-2005, 12:19 AM
I had to return mine to the place i bought him from after a couple of months. he would shred my tangs fins and attack my coral beatuy. im pretty sure he killed some of my snails. luckly he never killed my cleaner shrimp, they were just too fast for him.

in my experience they have been aggresive