PDA

View Full Version : Ritteri

Nemo
04-16-2005, 06:55 AM
I have a Ritteri anemone, and it is doing well for the most part. I have had it for about 1 month now, and every day it goes through a phase where it shrinks and looks like crap in general.
All other anemone's in the tank are doing great and look great all the time.

Ammonia = 0
nitrates = 0
ph = 8.2
salinity = 1.023

I feed it every other day with a little bit of scalop, it does not close up and take it right away like the others, never has. ( I also have 2 percs hosting in the Ritteri)
As per what I have read I should feed it about three times a week, give it high water flow (I have a power head deflecting off the glass towards it and i have a return line running about 1" above it, it has a nice wave action)

Any thoughts as to how to make it so it is open and looking good all the time? Any comments would be nice.

Robert

Jack
04-16-2005, 07:01 AM
You may want to try to mix up the diet a bit. Silversides or krill might help.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Don't feed so often. Wetwebmedia states that most captive anemones die from overfeeding. I used to feed 1 or 2 times a week. Now, with better lighting I haven't target fed my LTA for a couple of months & it's looking better than ever. BTW, mine loves small scallops too. Now it catches stray mysis.

Anthony

Delphinus
04-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Don't feed it scallop... Whenever I feed scallop to anemones the anemones react rather badly. Or it gets spat out after a few hours. This has been pretty universal out of all the anemone species I've kept.

Go with mysis instead. The size is more along what their natural diet is.