PDA

View Full Version : Corals for sale - Calgary

EmilyB
09-17-2002, 02:24 AM
Making some room for the fish, and limited to the corals I can add to the 120g.

So:

Hammer Coral $25

http://members.shaw.ca/bhadford1/SeptHammer.jpg

Caulastrea of some kind $25

http://members.shaw.ca/bhadford1/Caulastrea.jpg

Huge toadstool $25

http://members.shaw.ca/bhadford1/Toadstool.JPG

AJ_77
09-17-2002, 01:01 PM
DIBS DIBS DIBS !!!

Can I come and take a look?

Alan ;)

Canadian Man
09-17-2002, 01:36 PM
Deb,
Alan has very kindly given me his dibs on the toadstool.Thanks Alan

Anyway I will take the toadstool off you if you want to sell it to me! smile.gif

Good thing the Leather would take up your whole tank Alan, or I wouldnt get the chance at it. ;) tongue.gif :D

[ 17 September 2002, 09:38: Message edited by: Canadian Man ]

AJ_77
09-17-2002, 01:54 PM
Well, not every municipality recognizes the Dibs Law, so it's still up to Deb... And no, that lovely Toadstool would not be a wise choice for me as I pursue my vertical aquascaping options.

Besides, Jonny has a baby leather I've got my eye on. ;)

(Deb: What are the sweepers like on that Hammer??)

Cheers!

[ 17 September 2002, 10:05: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

EmilyB
09-17-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by delphinus:
Yeah Alan get a BIG tank for pity's sake ... !!

Not that this has anything to do with anything relevant, but I have a frag of that caulastrea and I just want to say it is one of my favourite corals. Monstrous sweepers though! And a hungry little thing. (Maybe it should be called the tang coral.)<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you mean the one I gave you, that is a different caulastrea I have. This one for sale is not the branching variety, more like one solid skeleton. I agree the other one has huge sweepers. smile.gif

EmilyB
09-17-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Canadian Man:
Katie TOLD me that we should buy both!
Either way sounds good to me smile.gif <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't spend all your money, the tank might be next ;)

EmilyB
09-17-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Seriak:
Well if anything gets left over let me know as I will buy it! My empty tank looks a little depressing right now!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I may have some more to sell, I have to think about it some more tonite. If so, I'll let you know before these vultures swoop down again..... ;) tongue.gif :D

Delphinus
09-17-2002, 07:11 PM
Oh -- I thought it looked like the same. My mistake .... oh well the caulastrea you are offering looks nice nonetheless! I am sure whoever gets it will be happy!

EmilyB
09-17-2002, 08:15 PM
Yeah, they look really similar Tony. Did yours grow any new branches ?

Delphinus
09-18-2002, 12:53 AM
It never did much in my 50g, however in its new home the 75g two of the heads have grown new mouths, grown much larger and are starting to pinch in at the middle, so it's definitely happening now. smile.gif

EmilyB
09-18-2002, 04:03 AM
Dibs are fine Jon. :D

The caulastrea is pretty big Alan, 3" sweepers. The hammer/anchor or whatever coral is an aggressive coral, however if you can leave some room around it, you're probably okay.

Maybe you should get a bigger tank tongue.gif ;) :D

AJ_77
09-18-2002, 04:10 AM
Maybe you should get a bigger tank. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're TEASING me, now! tongue.gif
One tank at a time, thanks. (Why, you selling one of the smaller ones?) ;)

I will pop over and see which of the other two might be appropriate, thanks Deb.

Alan

Delphinus
09-18-2002, 04:16 AM
Yeah Alan get a BIG tank for pity's sake ... !!

Not that this has anything to do with anything relevant, but I have a frag of that caulastrea and I just want to say it is one of my favourite corals. Monstrous sweepers though! And a hungry little thing. (Maybe it should be called the tang coral.)

Seriak
09-18-2002, 04:25 AM
Well if anything gets left over let me know as I will buy it! My empty tank looks a little depressing right now!

Canadian Man
09-18-2002, 04:36 AM
Well Alan,
If the Caulastrea is too large for your tank then I could buy that one as well and pass a frag your way.Katie TOLD me that we should buy both!
Either way sounds good to me smile.gif

[ 17 September 2002, 12:36: Message edited by: Canadian Man ]

AJ_77
09-18-2002, 04:55 AM
Well there seems to be enough interest should I pass on either of them. I'll take a look hopefully later today and see how they are, how big, etc.

And of course I will lean heavily on Deb's advice.

Alan

Canadian Man
09-18-2002, 05:09 PM
sounds good to me!
Kate and I are going to a friends place in that area in the evening for dinner around 5:30ish.
Will you be home either before this time or perhaps we can stop by after we are done, If you will be home.

Thanks

EmilyB
09-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Tonight ? Sure. Do you want to take it to dinner with you ? :confused:

Can you bring a container of some kind ? Give me a call, email me if you need the phone number again. smile.gif

Canadian Man
09-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Opps.
In my mind I was thinking friday but it did'nt come out in my message :confused: .
Sorry
It was friday i was talking about

Bob I
09-19-2002, 12:36 AM
Wow those are pretty big corals for Alan's little tanks. He must be getting a little braver again. Why not post some pics on our new nano tank section Alan? You could be the second poster, and the first pictures. :D :D

AJ_77
09-19-2002, 12:56 AM
Wow those are pretty big corals for Alan's little tanks. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll have you know my tank is a MONSTER! And my son's, well, it's obviously smaller. The corals are not HUGE, but they are handsome. OK, the Caulastrea is pretty large, but really great. :D tongue.gif :D smile.gif

I'm not gloating, just pleased as punch. I'll go try some pictures with the Kodak, not the best unit for macros or close-ups, woops...

Alan

Bob I
09-19-2002, 01:29 AM
I could not be more pleased to see you happy with your "monster" system. I am of the firm belief that in reef tanks at least "size does not matter". If a person is getting joy from their system nobody should look down their nose at them. If we can show people that smaller simpler systems work just fine, we can perhaps get even more people into this great hobby (obsession). :D

EmilyB
09-19-2002, 02:04 AM
Get out of my thread nano-reefers :D ;) tongue.gif

Jon, Friday is ok. Might be best to connect before, but the coral will be sliming, so likely best for it after. smile.gif

Canadian Man
09-19-2002, 02:33 AM
Sounds great Deb,
I will give you a call before we leave our friends place and head over.
Thanks a bunch smile.gif

EmilyB
09-19-2002, 04:30 AM
I guess I should mention that Alan took both the caulastrea and the hammer. I shall keep the toadstool for you Jon, perhaps we can find some way to meet up in the near future.