PDA

View Full Version : Dead fish in tank..Good or bad

bluetang
04-14-2005, 05:42 PM
In the last two days I've lost a Six Line Wrasse and a Blue/Green Chromis. They disapeared into the rocks, never to come out. I tested the water to find it is fine.
Today, the tank is doing some funny stuff. GSP's are not open, Open brains have tenticles out all day, feeding.
The fish were fairly small so I didnt think the Bio load from the fish would be a huge deal. The tank is a 125g with a total water volume of about 160g. Should I go fishing for them or let it go another day or two?
I suppose by tomorrow, with the clean up crew I have, there wont be any sight of a fish at all.

Beverly
04-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I'd get out my turkey baster and baste around the bottom/back of the tank trying to find them. Also check your sump or any places easily accessible where their bodies might be caught. Have you checked ammonia levels?

muck
04-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Probably won't find fin nor scale of them...

snaggle
04-14-2005, 06:42 PM
I think that all the bristle worms and what ever else is hiding in the rockwork they will be gone shortly. If they where larger fish, I would be more worried.

Brad

danny zubot
04-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Yup, it only took a day for my reef crew to devour a flame angel. Leave them in there if you can't find them and just watch out for ammonia.