PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Nutrition Pellets

muck
04-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Anyone feed either of these.

http://www.oceannutrition.com/products/marinepellet/formula1.jpg http://www.oceannutrition.com/products/marinepellet/formula2.jpg

My fish don't seem to be interested in them at all... :frown:
I am curious if anyone else has more success with them.

trilinearmipmap
04-13-2005, 06:29 PM
I have the formula 2 pellets. They are fairly large and they sink right away. I have better success with the formula 1 and 2 flakes, also I have smaller pellets which float in the water a bit better before sinking, I think they are nutrafin, my fish like them better.

IMO the formula 2 pellets might be better for large size fish.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
04-13-2005, 09:35 PM
TomR was generous enough to give me some Form. One sm. pellets & my fish gobble them up like candy. But then again, I raise sw pigs, not fish :eating:

Anthony

Aquattro
04-13-2005, 10:14 PM
All my fish love them.

EmilyB
04-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Moo is a bottom feeder and she'll gobble them. The others don't seem to bother.

christyf5
04-14-2005, 12:00 AM
My fish are still confused about the whole pellet thing. "Whats this lump? Gimme some flake!" :biggrin:

I'm still tryin though. My midas blenny sometimes recognizes the formula 1 but the formula 2 just looks like all the other algae floaters in the tank and the fish ignore it :razz:

Christy :)

Tom R
04-24-2005, 03:25 PM
I used it on my fish only tank and the tangs loved it. They were very healthy and their color was great.

Tom R

StirCrazy
04-24-2005, 04:50 PM
I feed formula 1 pellets and my fish, shrimp and crabs love them as well as my anemone.

Steve

mr_alberta
04-24-2005, 05:55 PM
My fish won't touch the formula 1 pellets I had. I ended up giving them away (the pellets, not the fish :mrgreen: ).

Also, I found that my anemones really didn't like them either. If it would accidentally injest on of the pellets, it would promply expell its stomach contents shortly after.