PDA

View Full Version : caught a fire worm. i think.

medic_eva
04-12-2005, 07:06 AM
so i've looked around some websites and books, and i want to verify what a fire worm looks like. i have a half blackish half red fuzzy worm that's 2.5 inches long that i just caught in my tank. i understand that these are bad. i hope someone is still awake so i can find out what to do with the darn thing. should i put it back in my tank or kill it?

thanks

Beverly
04-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Article on various worms:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-04/rs/index.htm

medic_eva
04-12-2005, 05:23 PM
thanks bev. i should have thought of that article last night. oh well. i think i can tell what kind it is, but still not 100% sure. think i'll kill it. but i really hate killing things. i'll make my bf do it later tonight.

medic_eva
04-13-2005, 04:55 AM
no worries! it was excitement! i think it actually came outta a big al's piece of rock that i bought. it was hiding there when i saw it. it was nice to see life in my tank other then diatoms, green algae, and snails. even if it was evil and fuzzy and gross looking, it was still neat.

have no fear, den, i'd still grab stuff from yer tank :razz:

thanks!

eva

medic_eva
04-13-2005, 04:57 AM
akk, den's post disappeared. it looks like i was talking to myself... hmm.. now i am talking to myself and other peoplea are reading my crazyness.

night night eva