PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Frags, Come Un-Infected!

Funky_Fish14
04-11-2005, 04:41 AM
Hello all!

I know the meeting will be in about a month's time, and people will be bringing frags, so on everyone's behalf(and benefit), please do the following with any frags before the meeting:

In order to avoid any problems with pests getting into other people's tanks via being carried on frags, please do at least 3 Freshwater dips with the frags you plan on bringing! Make sure the water temp and pH are the same as your tank's water, but use freshwater. Im not sure about doing this with hard corals but im talking about stuff like zoos, GSP, clove polyps, those kinds of things at least. If you have Lugol's iodine, add 1-2 drops/gallon into a pale/container. Preferably white so you can see if anything is comming off. If you have stuff that goes after bad worms aswell, put a less than required amount of that into the water. Let the frag sit in there for 3 mins(no more than 5), and then shake the frag vigorously in the pale to dislodge anything on the it.

Also, with other things, please make an effort to see if you have anything harmful on your frag, and try to remove it.

I think this will be good for everyone as there will be less likelyhood of someone getting a grudge agaisnt another because they got parasites on their frag.

*Disclaimer* I will not be held responsible if your frags die from this, but they Should not. I have done just a freshwater dip with a zoo colony before and it was fine.

Thanks all!

Chris

kuatto
04-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Do you consider brittle stars and featherdusters bad???every frag i have will have at least 2 or 3 of these :mrgreen: Seriously though,its a good idea.

Edmonton Eskimo
04-11-2005, 05:13 AM
I think that when you purchase anything from anywhere it is your responsibility to do that not the person selling it. That would be like me telling the guy in the bargain finder to make sure the tank is full of gas before I buy that truck.

muck
04-11-2005, 05:15 AM
I think that when you purchase anything from anywhere it is your responsibility to do that not the person selling it. That would be like me telling the guy in the bargain finder to make sure the tank is full of gas before I buy that truck.
Agreed!! :cool:

lil_clownfish13
04-11-2005, 11:56 PM
though tis a thoughtful reminder to seller and buyer... :biggrin:

Funky_Fish14
04-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Ok.....whatever tickles your fancy.

Chris