PDA

View Full Version : reef.?.

eli@fijireefrock.com
04-09-2005, 04:40 PM
a question for everyone
about 2 weeks now i have been mixing in a cup :arrow: (3tsp CaCo3 99.5% USP grade 5ml acidic acid99% some water) a day later into the mix about 80% of the calcium dessolved. PH readingof the test cup was 8. i have made this recipe 3 times and added it to the reef (40glns)

my calcium in the reef tested at 300ppm before i add anything. after the recipe been added reef calcium tested at 520ppm and 26DPH is something wrong with the tests or does this sound right with no precipitation :question:

also thinking of purchasing magnesium chloride anhydrous99% to bring magnesium up to reef level 1350

all my corals are doing better than fine soft LPS and SPS

Beverly
04-09-2005, 05:09 PM
about 2 weeks now i have been mixing in a cup :arrow: (3tsp CaCo3 99.5% USP grade 5ml acidic acid99% some water) a day later into the juice calcium all dessolve some left PH reading was 8 liquid been added to the reef 3 times so far.

Totally don't understand what you've done by the above paragraph. Adding punctuation and further explanation would help tremendously.

my last calcium test reads :eek: :eek: 520ppm and 26DPH is something wrong with the tests :question: :question:

Test kits could be correct. You may have been adding too much stuff to your tank. What sized tank? How often and how large are your water changes? Do you test before and after any additions? To reduce levels, I'd suggest a few large water changes.

also thinking of purchasing magnesium chloride anhydrous to bring magnesium up to reef level

I've read that magnesium chloride anhydrous is very tough stuff to work with. I think you'd be better off using something like Kent's liquid magnesium product.