PDA

View Full Version : Reef Chili - maybe go in together on it.

Fish
04-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Hi gang,
I have just started using this stuff:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46308&item=4372113228&rd=1

I can't comment on a change in my corals yet, but it is really easy to use and I like how it is more varried than a lot of products. Most of what I know comes from his auction and website but the reason that I wanted to post here is that he gave me discounted shipping price (only $5) because I ordered three jars at once.
I was thinking that if any other canreef members were wanting to try this stuff they should go in together on their order - probably get free shipping.
The guy seemed really good to deal with. I will let you know how it works for me as I use it more.
Cheers,

- Chad

shadowboy
04-09-2005, 12:09 AM
I'd definatley be interested in buying some
let me know what happens

Jaws
04-09-2005, 06:42 AM
I'd be interested too if you notice a difference with your corals. Can the fish eat it too?

Fish
04-09-2005, 07:10 AM
I know that my corals are eating it because I see them close up when they catch some. With fish, I think it depends on what size foods they usually eat My damsels eat pretty small food so they love racing around and snapping up the small cyclops.
I should clarify that I have a lifetime supply of the stuff (now that I only have my nano left) so I will not be buying any more. I just noticed that one CR member has already bought some and others are interested. I thought it might be a good idea for people to use this thread to coordinate a group buy. I developed a bit of a rapport with the seller when I made my purchase and I could ask him what he could do for a canreef discount if you want. ?
I will let you know what kind of results I get from using this stuff. I used to use frozen cyclops and like this better because it is more conveniant to use and measure out. The fact that it is a more varied diet really appeals to me as well. There are enough people feeding cyclops or phytoplankton or golden pearls(mostly on American forums it seems), that I thought it couldn't hurt to feed all three.
Undoubtedly, this guy is just buying large orders of the individual products and mixing them himself to resell. Who knows, if we could get enough interest, we could get the ingredients ourselves and cook up some canreef chili :cool: .

- Chad

Gujustud
04-25-2005, 07:27 PM
I made an order after I read your post, and it just came in the mail today, we'll see how it goes.

jws444
04-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Remember to go easy on that stuff. :cool:

Gujustud
04-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Remember to go easy on that stuff. :cool:

Are you using it yourself? How much do you recommend? I've only got a 40g, with a few fish (4), and a few corals at the moment. I put about 3 spoons (that tiny tiny one that comes inside) of it, in the tank.

jws444
04-25-2005, 11:58 PM
That amount should be ok, but then again every tank is a little different. The golden pearls are the real culprits here. It's great stuff, but as with any food, just be watchful. I usually drop in a little bit at a time, rather than a big feeding. I just use the chili as a treat/supplement for the corals. For basic staple, I use mysis for my fish.

Psyire
09-10-2005, 07:59 PM
It's been awhile now... I'm just curious how this stuff is working out for you guys?