PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Someone to take macro pictures

mr_alberta
04-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Hi,

Anyone have a really nice digicam that can focus on Red Bugs? I can't get interceptor without proving I have red bugs on my corals, so I need to take some pictures. I'd do it myself, but my camera has no where near the capacity to do it.

If you have a camera that can do this, and are willing to stop in to my place for 20 minutes or so sometime next week, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Harvey

medic_eva
04-07-2005, 04:05 AM
what kind of camera you using now? i can kinda get good macro, depends sometimes. i have a canon a75.

let me know! especially since you are like, 2 blocks away from me, we can try anyways. that way i get to see yer tank too! ;)

eva

mr_alberta
04-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Hi Eva,

I'm using a Fuji FinePix 3800 camera. I have a decent macro mode and I use a 7x magnifying lens, but I can't do manual focus with the darn thing so it never turns out clear :sad: .

My GF also has a canon A75 (or A80 I can't remember) so I might try that as well.

Thanks for the offer though! You are still welcome to come by and check out the tank...

medic_eva
04-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Yah, with the canon you can do underwater scenes (brings out the color more) and then the macro you can adjust and focus. It's neat.
Good luck!

Richer
04-07-2005, 04:53 AM
I'm not sure how great my camera is for macro shots... as I've never really tried before, but I don't mind coming over for a bit to give it a shot :razz:

-Rich

Aquattro
04-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Hi,

Anyone have a really nice digicam that can focus on Red Bugs? I can't get interceptor without proving I have red bugs on my corals,

How come? Maybe just find a new vet....

Beverly
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Maybe just find a new vet....

I daresay he's been looking for a vet on another thread and has received nothing but silly comments :razz:

muck
04-07-2005, 02:10 PM

I daresay he's been looking for a vet on another thread and has received nothing but silly comments :razz:
That was me but its for the same thing... :sad:

Aquattro
04-07-2005, 02:18 PM

Friend of mine has a vet. I think it's older, around 1974. Red with T-tops. :razz:

Aquattro
04-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Seriously, what I did was print of the article on RC about the bugs, took it to a local vet, explained what I needed, and they sold me the stuff right there.
If they want pics, take some pics off RC, claim they're your own. Or take a frag to the vet, and have them look under the scope. Once they see the evil grins of the dreaded red bug, you'll have meds in hand!!

Beverly
04-07-2005, 02:26 PM

That was me but its for the same thing... :sad:

Okay, so I'm dyslexic and confused :eek: :mrgreen: Sorry, Ryan :redface: But it coulda been, shoulda been you :lol:

dennenboom
04-07-2005, 06:48 PM
If you want I can do it, but it's film, I have a Nikon f90x and a 60mm macro lens.

Den

KrazyKuch
04-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey Harvey We can just come over with our camera and we can try....saves a step if we take the pic's!!