PDA

View Full Version : Precision Marine HOT-1 Skimmer and Pump

Samw
06-24-2002, 04:00 AM
Precision Marine HOT-1 Skimmer. Purchased from J&L last Dec. Comes with Rio 800 Pump. Works great.

$200

http://www.hyperdream.com/~samw/reef/2002-06.Album/skimmer.jpg

[ 09 July 2002, 00:10: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Samw
07-09-2002, 04:10 AM
Still up for grabs!!
$200.

One of the more popular HOT skimmers.

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97946

Dorkel Marine 1
07-12-2002, 04:15 AM
How long can you wait for the 200. Will you take installments. Why are you selling the great skimmer. Could it be adapted to work on a 30 gal tank. Hey did I say hello. Sorry for the barage of questions. Chow for now.

Samw
07-12-2002, 05:10 AM
Hi Dorkel Marine 1.

Well, I would like to have the entire amount up front. I could hold it for you as I don't have any offers right now. If I have no takers, I planned to keep it in storage until I move into a house and get tank #2.

Its an excellent skimmer as you might already know.

Why am I selling it? That's a good question. My tank is built into a wall partition that separates the living room and bedroom. Below the tank is a gas fireplace (no, it doesn't make fish soup when its on). Therefore, I have no room to hide tubes, waste collectors, etc. The PM Hot-1 has a waste drain in the collector cup which is suppose to connect to a bucket or waste collector. For months, I had this ugly big bucket sitting in front of the fireplace in the bedroom which collected the waste from the collector cup. This is one of the reasons I decided to buy the AquaC Remora skimmer. It doesn't have a drain. If the collector cup fills to the top, the additional waste is put back into the tank. Therefore, I can get rid of the bucket in my bedroom. Note that I could modify the PM HOT-1 by blocking the drain which would then behave the same as the Remora.

The 2nd important feature of the AquaC Remora is that it uses a patented spray injector to create bubbles instead of a venturi. Therefore, there is no valve that needs to be adjusted. I found myself adjusting the valve of the PM HOT-1 regularly in order to maintain the water level in the neck of the skimmer.

In my opinion, the AquaC Remora and Precision Marine Hot-1 are the 2 best HOT skimmers for tanks <50 gallons.

It'll work great on a 30 gallon tank.

[ 12 July 2002, 09:31: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Samw
09-03-2002, 03:28 AM
$180 plus I'll deliver up to Coquitlam/Surrey/Vancouver boundary