PDA

View Full Version : Entire System for sale

Fish
04-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Hello all, I am at a crossroads trying to decide between continuing with my home system or taking my nano at work to a whole new level. If there is someone willing to buy my home system, I will have the cash (and spouse approval) for the nano project.

Details:

- 23 gal 3/8" inch starfire tank - external overflow box with two 2" drains - 3/4" bulkhead in back wall for closed loop - black acrylic background
- 20 gal sump with baffles and lighted chaeto fuge area
- 175w Hamilton 14k MH with icecap ballast and two 24" URI VHO actinic with workhorse ballast mounted on reflctor in canopy with cooling fan.
- iwaki md-20rxt return pump
- blueline hd20 pump running closed loop
- big mombasa protein skimmer with mj1200(funny name, awesome skimmer)
- ebo jagger heater
- spare mj1200 powerhead
- fluorescent fuge light
- kent 2.5gal aquadose for topoff and kalk
- all the timers and electrical
- professionally built oak stand and matching canopy

Livestock:

- ~50lbs live rock
- 14 different colored zoanthids
- button polyp
- two colors of pulsing xenia
- green star polyp
- colt
- toadstool
- 6 colors/types of mushroom
- two colors of ricordia
- sun coral
- candycane
- frogspawn
- open brain
- three colors of monti caps
- two colors of monti digi
- oh, and three damsels
:smile:

Here are some pictures and additional info on my system:
http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15116&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Incredibly clean, healthy setup with top-of-the-line lighting and excellent circulation. It is quiet and has no temperature issues. Also, I've been averaging $65 to $80 a month in online frag sales which you can continue if you would like.
I will sell the entire set up for $1000 Canadian, or more, up to you. :razz:

Thanks,
- Chad

Beermaster
04-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Chad you cant sell that, before i come up there on may long weekend (i wanna see that thing live)

Tarolisol
04-05-2005, 09:41 PM
You have PM.

Fish
04-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Chad you cant sell that, before i come up there on may long weekend (i wanna see that thing live)

Edit:
Any sale must wait until after the may long weekend (or you have to let Mark come see it in your house) :lol:

So far I have just had requests for livestock and hardware seperately. I am hoping to sell it all as a complete package. I know that is hard because everyone on the board already has tanks of their own. I wish there was a way to catch guys on their way into an lfs - if I could have found a fully stocked system like this at this cost when I was starting out...

- Chad

EmilyB
04-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Yah, but going broke is half the fun... :lol:

Fish
04-05-2005, 10:26 PM
If there is no one to buy the complete system, you can pm me and reserve the items that you want:

Complete lighting – 250
Stand/canopy/tanks – 300
Pumps & mj12 - 200
Skimmer w/ mj12 - 40
LR w/ all corals - 400
Aquadose - 25
Heater - 25
Damsels - Free to pro-damsel home

Once everything is spoken for, I will let you know and you can pay me and pick it up. However, if a buyer for the complete system comes along first, I will sell it all to him/her instead. Sound fair?
Thanks,

- Chad

muck
04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Some of us enjoy the weeks of KD dinners.. :mrgreen:

Ryan
04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Hey Chad,
I forgot to mention I am also interested in
Candycane
Mushrooms
Definatly the rics
Definatly the toadstool

EmilyB
04-05-2005, 10:30 PM
I want the Xenia !!!

Fish
04-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Yah, but going broke is half the fun... :lol:

Haha, true enough Emily - never fear, I'll still throw tons of money into my new project, just couldn't do both at the same time. Going broke I can handle, it's going divorced that I'm worried about.
:razz:

- Chad

muck
04-05-2005, 10:33 PM
I want the Xenia !!!
Its no wonder there is a xenia shortage in Calgary... :mrgreen:

If there is someone willing to buy my home system, I will have the cash (and spouse approval) for the nano project.
Whats the plans for the nano now Chad?
You putting in a Wavebox..? :razz:

Ryan
Chad could you call me and we could talk on the phone 1(403)223-9314
Ryan

Beermaster
LR and coral, what ever is left of them anywho

Fish
04-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Some of us enjoy the weeks of KD dinners.. :mrgreen:

Haha, ok true - but I have a penchant for expensive katsup :rolleyes:

Ryan and Emily,
Dang just when I figure things out, you want to buy INDIVIDUAL corals? This isn't a produce isle you know! :lol: . Just kidding, let me see what kind of interest I get fist and then I can figure out how to divide the corals.

Cheers,
- Chad

Fish
04-05-2005, 10:40 PM

This gentleman, for example, would get all of the LR and coral - you can probably buy frags off him though.

- Chad

Ryan
04-05-2005, 10:40 PM
DOnt forget I want the tank also. :mrgreen: Emily if you got a list of the corals you want and I got mine, we could find more people. If our lists clash we could divide the corals we both want. :mrgreen:

Beermaster
04-05-2005, 10:41 PM
well i dont mind sharing :)

Fish
04-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Whats the plans for the nano now Chad?
You putting in a Wavebox..? :razz:

Actually Ryan I want to get a labratory metering pump for water topoff (so I can leave the tank for a few days if I'm away), and a 70w de mh with a pc actinic.

- Chad

Ryan
04-05-2005, 10:44 PM
You all know what I want. Throw me on your lists I will go in. Not looking for big frags. Just 5- 10 polyp zoos ones or single mushrooms. I realy want that toadstool though. Chad what r u thinking for a price on the tank.

Fish
04-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Complete lighting – spoken for
Stand/canopy/tanks – 300
Pumps & mj12 - 200
Skimmer w/ mj12 - 40
LR w/ all corals - spoken for
Aquadose - 25
Heater - 25
Damsels - Free to pro-damsel home

Ryan,
The canopy was built for that tank and the stand was cut to accomodate the overflows. It works best all together and I don't think I will split up further. The tank was built for me by IA for $250 the stand and canopy cost $250 in materials (labor was free because I married the carpentor's daughter. He usually doubles the cost of materials to cover labor). The sump and plumbing were probably only $50 or so.

Ryan
04-05-2005, 10:58 PM
If anyone wants the stand and canopy let me know. I am just interested in the tank. Chand I will give you 175 for the tank thats 75 bucks less than you payed new.

Fish
04-05-2005, 11:00 PM
If anyone wants the stand and canopy let me know. I am just interested in the tank. Chand I will give you 175 for the tank thats 75 bucks less than you payed new.

I appreciate the offer Ryan, and I remember that you are the one that first approached me about my tank. I will let you know.
- Chad

Ryan
04-05-2005, 11:02 PM
OK chad thanks. Looking forward to your response. :mrgreen:

Ryan
04-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Beermaster i sent u a pm check it asap lol

cindyt
04-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Ill take the stand and canopy for the remaining monuies Ryan and Fish :)

EmilyB
04-05-2005, 11:06 PM

This gentleman, for example, would get all of the LR and coral - you can probably buy frags off him though.

- Chad

Yes, I vote Beermaster gets it all. When I see the word xenia both me and my bfly get a little excited. :mrgreen:

Ryan
04-05-2005, 11:10 PM
IM with ya full of Butterflies here. :mrgreen:

Ryan
04-05-2005, 11:11 PM

PMed u bak

Fish
04-05-2005, 11:25 PM

And sold to the lovely lady in the back. Thanks.

Stand/canopy/tanks – spoken for
Pumps & mj12 - spoken for
Skimmer w/ mj12 - 40
Aquadose - 25
Heater - 25
Damsels - spoken for

Well, that pretty much locks out any other bidder for the complete system because I have already sold the amount that I was needing to sell. Dang, it seems like that happened a little too fast... wasn't I supposed to post: " bump " , " bump " every couple days? :razz:
If everyone could get a hold of me and make arrangements for pickup in the next couple weeks that would be great.
Thanks all,

- Chad

Ryan
04-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Dont you have to wait till may long everything is going everywhere

Fish
04-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Dont you have to wait till may long everything is going everywhere

I need to wait for Mark to come p/u the live stuff first. What's your schedule like dude? Gonna be down before then at all?

- Chad

Beermaster
04-05-2005, 11:43 PM
I would prefur to wait till May Long, but if i have to come sooner so be it

just hate to drive there twice so soon, if ya know what i mean

Fish
04-05-2005, 11:45 PM
I understand Mark, it isn't a very fun drive. I will wait for the other buyers to pm me and see what their plans are.

- Chad

Fish
04-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Update:

Stand/canopy/tanks – spoken for
Pumps & mj12 - spoken for
Skimmer w/ mj12 - spoken for
Aquadose - spoken for
Heater - spoken for
Damsels - spoken for

Unreal, my whole system gone in 45 minutes. Someone pm'd me and asked how I was feeling. Man, I hope that I don't look back on this and regret it! :eek:

Thanks for everyone who participated.
Cheers,

- Chad

Beermaster
04-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Wow sold it all in 45min LOL thats gotta be a record :eek:

and made more then you wanted RIGHT ON

Congrats

Mark

Fish
04-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Wow sold it all in 45min LOL thats gotta be a record :eek:

and made more then you wanted RIGHT ON

Congrats

Mark

No kidding! I guess I just happened to get some serious buyers :biggrin: .

- Chad

Tarolisol
04-06-2005, 03:46 AM
I guess i wasnt a serious bider hey chad. Im a little dissapointed.

Fish
04-06-2005, 03:58 AM
I guess i wasnt a serious bider hey chad. Im a little dissapointed.

Sorry Sean. It was way better for me to sell everything at once than trying to figure out who wanted what and what each different coral was worth and trying to take them off of the rocks without losing a bunch! :eek:
If I was keeping the tank or could afford to part it out slowly to many buyers I could have done that - but this was way easier for me. On a positive note, there isn't any more or any less coral in the world - it's just under different ownership. Maybe you can work something out with Mark once he gets a handle on everything.

Tarolisol
04-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Im not so sure how much harder it would have been to sell the stuff other then the zoos and ric. You told me that if you decided to part of the stuff would be mine but apparently that isnt true, You managed to sell the tank stand and canopy all seperate, and from the looks of it you had lots of people interested in different corals. But its your tank your way so you can do whatever you want. Im just a little hurt that my offer was thrown away.

Matt
04-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Glorioskis, this all happened too fast for me. :sad:

You almost found your guy on his way into an LFS, but you posted SOLD before I could get a phone call back from him. WOW.

Pretty tank, nice corals. I don't think that I could have given it up if it were mine. You're a brave man. I hope you show us pics of your new nano. I expect it to be awesome.

Matthew

Fish
04-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Sean,
The zoos and rics are covering my live rock and would have to be scraped off with a knife - it was a package deal whether anyone liked it or not. I was able to sell my entire system to only three buyers and I made it clear throughout the thread that even their deals would be off if a buyer came along that wanted to buy the complete system. So no, I didn't make any promises to anyone until I said that the deal was done. The tank, stand, canopy, and lights all went too one buyer and they will work a deal out with the other intersted party. I'm sorry that you weren't able to buy zoos and rics at such a cheap price but I needed to sell everything and I needed to do it without any hassle. I'm sorry that you feel hurt that your offer was thrown away, but this sale wasn't about you.

- Chad

Fish
04-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Glorioskis, this all happened too fast for me. :sad:

You almost found your guy on his way into an LFS, but you posted SOLD before I could get a phone call back from him. WOW.

Pretty tank, nice corals. I don't think that I could have given it up if it were mine. You're a brave man. I hope you show us pics of your new nano. I expect it to be awesome.

Matthew

Thanks Matthew,

Haha, this morning I woke up and thought "did that really happen yesterday?"
Yup I gues it did. Oh well, a bit of an adventure - I'll keep you posted.

- Chad

Ryan
04-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Im not so sure how much harder it would have been to sell the stuff other then the zoos and ric. You told me that if you decided to part of the stuff would be mine but apparently that isnt true, You managed to sell the tank stand and canopy all seperate, and from the looks of it you had lots of people interested in different corals. But its your tank your way so you can do whatever you want. Im just a little hurt that my offer was thrown away.

The tank stand and canopy may have been sold as a package but then it was divided up between cindyt and myself. So it will still be sold for the same price he just isnt left with a tank or a stand.

I contacted Mark about some coral. He is an awsome guy an told me he would help me out the best he could :mrgreen:

Sorry Chad I couldnt remeber what were u running for GPH on the closed loop?
Cant wait to get this tank. Thanks Chad

Tarolisol
04-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah its fine ill contact beer guy and see if he wants to part with any of the corals. And as for a cheap price i was prepared to pay for anything the corals were attached to, you probly would have made more money selling the zoos and ric to me then you would have selling them all to beer master.

Willow
04-06-2005, 06:34 PM
the zoos make people crazy, bevs tank sale went just as weird.

Aquattro
04-06-2005, 06:42 PM
the zoos make people crazy.

They have a toxin in them that does that to people!!

Fish
04-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Haha, what I want to know is why I hardly get any responses to threads where I ask important reef questions or where I announce a new ground breaking technique... but I throw in the towel on my big sytem and the darn thing goes 4 pages :mrgreen: .

Sean,
I can respect that. I probably should have clarified that you were not the only person interested in zoos and rics. I had a lot of PM's from forum members who wanted them... I am sorry to everyone that wasn't able to buy these corals. I just hope that no one cleans Mark out too quickly - he is now my new source for corals - a genetic backup bank for my nano :razz: .

As a result of the sale of my system I have gone ahead and bought a metering pump and a 70watt mh retrofit kit. Should have some updates soon.
Cheers,

Chad

Ryan
04-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah its fine ill contact beer guy and see if he wants to part with any of the corals. And as for a cheap price i was prepared to pay for anything the corals were attached to, you probly would have made more money selling the zoos and ric to me then you would have selling them all to beer master.

Now come on no need for that. First come fisrt serve. I am sure if you are nice to Mark he would be glad to give you frags once he is up and running.

Tarolisol
04-06-2005, 08:01 PM
What are you putting the 70w kit on? Is it for your really tiny tank? Also where are you getting it from

Fish
04-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey Sean,
Yup I'm gonna throw the light overtop of this tank:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1185050228_008-med.jpg

My current 13w pc just isn't cutting it for some of my corals.

I got the kit from here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4370920972&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

It looks like a pretty good little retro, the only thing I would have liked differently is a 14k bulb instead of the 10k. Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until I replace it in a year.

- Chad

Ryan
04-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Are you planning on keepsing clam or what. 70 watts of halide is alot of halide for a little tank like that. Why not add another pc?

Tarolisol
04-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Are you planning on keepsing clam or what. 70 watts of halide is alot of halide for a little tank like that. Why not add another pc?

Thats what i was thinking, but if you can manage the heat it should be an awsome set up.

Beermaster
04-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Okay i think Chad you should start a new thread on this new setup of yours!!!

4 PAGES ALREADY WOW :eek: :eek:

:razz:

Fish
04-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Haha good thinking Mark - I will definitely do that.
Ryan and Sean,
The 13w pc wasn't enough light to even get good color from my zoos, the only things that really thrived were mushrooms and colt. I could add another pc but I couldn't do it in such a small space and not without it looking too ghetto. I wouldn't put a clam in a tank this small but because it is now my primary tank I would like to be able to keep a little sps or an lps as well as the softies.
I don't expect heat to be a problem (knock on wood). If there's one thing I've learned from building my home system its that halide lighting allows for a cooler tank than pc - providing that you allow airflow between the light and the top of the tank, ie don't enclose the canopy. Pc light has to sit much closer to the water to be effective and therefore cuts down on circulation. My 23gal has over 300watts of mh/vho light and has to be heated to maintain 78 degrees. Before that, I had a 90gal with 220watts of pc that would jump up to 84 degrees because the pc hoods covered the whole top of the tank.

- Chad

muck
04-07-2005, 06:19 AM
I still can't believe you flipped your entire system... :confused: :frown:

Fish
04-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Ya, that makes two of us :eek: !

Ryan
04-07-2005, 06:13 PM
What ws you total GPH in that tank?

Fish
04-07-2005, 07:48 PM