PDA

View Full Version : Bullet proof snail?

Snappy
04-05-2005, 05:22 AM
I have a zebra snail? that has been in my cichlid tank for about 6 months and in that time it has climbed out at least 4 times and has been dried up on the carpet for days at a time and on one occasion closer to a week. I always throw it back in to see what will happen and after several hours it is up and crawling again. This last time I threw it into my SW-QT and it has been motoring around in the salt water with no seemingly ill effect for several days now. Anyone heard of such a thing? :shocked!:

It seems to be bullet proof. :snipersm::robot: It should be called either the energizer snail that keeps going & going or the cat snail as it seems to have many lives. :turn-l:
Snap

G1GY
04-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Maybe it's some kind of brackish water snail?

Sounds kind of odd just the same though.

Funky_Fish14
04-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Wow thats very interesting! I would have to agree on the possibility of it being a brackish snail? I have no idea, but very interesting nonetheless!

Also, Im guessing it probably has a little "door" type carapace on the part where its body comes out of the shell? This opening would probably seal up when it gets out.

Chris

KrazyKuch
04-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Thats weird that a fresh water snail could live in salt water just fine!!!

Snappy
04-06-2005, 10:52 PM
YES IT DOES HAVE A SHELL LIKE PIECE THAT SEALS UP WHEN IT GOES FOR A CARPET CRAWL. IT IS STILL MOTORING ABOUT IN MY QT AND SEEMS FINE.