PDA

View Full Version : Seio 620 - Update/problem

whaase
04-05-2005, 02:30 AM
Is it just me or does it not seem to push that much water? It seems like my MJ1200 has a stronger flow... I tried adjusting the output ring to full open... any comments?

Walter

Azilla
04-05-2005, 03:21 AM
Nope mine seem like crap too!! My MJ1200 feels tuffer! I was disapointed in mine.

G1GY
04-05-2005, 04:08 AM
That's because the water discharges in a cone shape rather than a straight tube shaped jet. You'll notice more overall flow with less hard current when compared to some other powerheads with the same gph rating. :smile:

shadowboy
04-05-2005, 04:08 AM
I quite like mine. The MJ1200 just feels stronger because it's a direct flow and the 620 is dispersed and doesnt really aim in one direction. I thought that the flow with the 620 would be better but the fish seem to get blown around more by the 620 than the MJ1200

jmo
t.b.

gbeef
04-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Anyone know what the venturie works on the back?

jws444
04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
The Seio pumps were designed so that you could aim it 6" from a frag and not have it blown to hell. :biggrin: I'm sure the output ratings are correct, but it's something that we're not used to feeling with our hands. We're expecting a water pump's 'jet' output, whereas the Seio's are really dispersed. I just recently bought the 1500 and will hook it up soon.

wayner
04-05-2005, 05:21 PM
I have a 1500, 820, etc., I kinda like like the flow, like others have said, it's not a pressure flow like MJ's, I got everything dancing in my tank, which is what I wanted, except for my crocea, even though there suppose to be the one clam that can handle more flow, mine has turned and adjusted itself, I think there was a little too much flapping of the outer mantle.

One thing I didn't check with the Seio's, maybe someone can advise, when they come out of the box, are they already set for maximum flow?, I didn't even check., I would think they are cause I'm getting pretty decent movement.

albert_dao
04-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Here's an easy way to check out the flow:

Position your SEIO in your tank JUST so that it starts moving the substrate when placed in a position where the exiting current is parallel to the bottom of the tank. Now repeat the same with the Maxi. When I tried this with the SEIO (620), the difference was as much as 20"!!

Pretty significant IMO.

StirCrazy
04-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Is it just me or does it not seem to push that much water? It seems like my MJ1200 has a stronger flow... I tried adjusting the output ring to full open... any comments?

Walter

move your hand about 14" away from the SEIO, then move it off to the side and see how far you can go and still feel the gental current. the maxijet is 230 gph in a hose type blast, the SEIO is 620 gpm in a wide gentle current.

Steve

whaase
04-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks, for all the replys. Makes sense now, but, my seio seemed to have died. I had it running for 3 days, I had to shut it off for a couple minuts. When I turned it back on, nothing happened. I took it out, cleaned it (how ditrty could it be?). When I plug it in, I hear it humming, I took it apart again, this time I very loosely screwed the outer ring back on and plugged it back in. I have to smack it then it started. I let it run in fresh water over night, unplugged it, plugged it back in and it won't start again.... anyone have any ideas?

Walter

Willow
04-09-2005, 07:00 PM
look for the receipt.

jws444
04-09-2005, 09:25 PM
look for the receipt.

willow, you'd make a terrible therapist. :lol:
But you're right none the less! heh

Willito
04-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks, for all the replys. Makes sense now, but, my seio seemed to have died. I had it running for 3 days, I had to shut it off for a couple minuts. When I turned it back on, nothing happened. I took it out, cleaned it (how ditrty could it be?). When I plug it in, I hear it humming, I took it apart again, this time I very loosely screwed the outer ring back on and plugged it back in. I have to smack it then it started. I let it run in fresh water over night, unplugged it, plugged it back in and it won't start again.... anyone have any ideas?

Walter
Try the opposite, when you screw back on the outer ring, tighten it so it can't no more. If it's not tight the shaft on the impeller isn't held down properly and that creates "play" and it wont' start. I had a similar problem, but not anymore.

Willow
04-10-2005, 02:41 AM
have you been turning it on and off a lot?

whaase
04-10-2005, 03:43 AM
have you been turning it on and off a lot?

No, I shut it off once and I had the problem. I did notice that there is a rubber bushing on the end cap, it seems a little tight in there... I'll play a bit more before I give up :biggrin:

I'll try tightening as suggested, thanks.

Walter

whaase
04-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Just a update, it's working good now.

Walter