PDA

View Full Version : SUPER GLUE GEL!

Azilla
04-04-2005, 04:04 AM
Ok i bought 4 types of super glue gel and so far i cant glue corals!! What am i doing wrong i hold the coral for ever but the glue doesnt set!

jws444
04-04-2005, 04:14 AM
How much are you using? I know I have to use lots and lots.

ABreefkpr
04-04-2005, 05:14 AM
What kind of coral are you trying to glue?

IslandReefer
04-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Rule one......crazy glues fingers 500% better than anything else! :rolleyes:
Seriously folks....I have 2 things that may help you.
First cryoacrylic sets best in thin films....so get it down the crack1 :smile:
And have a dish of tank water to dip the newly glued frag in....glue sets almost instantly upon dipping...hope your fingers aren't glued.
You can also chip and/or grind, shape "sockets" for the frag, to make it more stable.
If you need more support than that, I would switch to epoxy or epoxy + crazy and bulid a coller.
Hope this helps...FWIW I use cryoacrylic gel for all but my biggest coral frags and those to slimy to glue with anything, like some shrooms and caps :neutral:

Skimmerking
04-04-2005, 03:55 PM
I have been using the super glue Gel with no probelms. All i do is dry off the frag and dry off the rock with a cloth.

Then I add glue to the rock and stick them together and blow on them and stick them in the tank and let the water cure them after a few seconds the glue is hard ,but not brittle.

HTH

p.s a little will go a long way.

mike

sumpfinfishe
04-05-2005, 07:13 AM
Azilla:
As already asked by ABreefkpr "what are you trying to glue"?

Crazy glue or any fast hardening gels or glues won't hold all corals. There are many techinques for different corals, for example a lot of softies have to be sewn or netted, gorgonians need be peeled at the base of the rods, and most SPS and many LPS can be glue or epoxied.