PDA

View Full Version : powder blue for sale *sold*

Edmonton Eskimo
04-02-2005, 06:35 AM
I am looking to sell my powder blue tang as I wish to get a regal tang instead. It is about three inches or so and is very healthy. Looking for 45 bucks or trade for a smaller regal.

bnhreef
04-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Hi Eskimo,

Do you keep the powder blue in a reef aqua?

How much bigger is it going to get?

Does it eat macro algae (what kinds have you seen it eat)?

Thanks

Beverly
04-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Never had a PBT, but they grow BIG. 9", according to:

http://www.marinedepotlive.com/754094.html

The page states a 100g tank should be large enough for the fish, though I think they mean a 100g would be okay for the small size of fish they ship. Personally, I wouldn't have a tang that big in anything less than a 230g.

Edmonton Eskimo
04-02-2005, 05:10 PM
ya he is in my reef tank. He eats hair algae and seaweed so far(I haven't given him anything else)

Chin_Lee
04-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Never had a PBT, but they grow BIG. 9", according to:

http://www.marinedepotlive.com/754094.html

The page states a 100g tank should be large enough for the fish, though I think they mean a 100g would be okay for the small size of fish they ship. Personally, I wouldn't have a tang that big in anything less than a 230g.

the captive raised pbt in a tank will never get to 9". Most fish quoted on that page never gets to the size it should. it quotes what size they have the potential to become in the wild. the pbt in a 180 tank may get to about 5-6" and 7" at the very most IMO. the fish will not grow to a size that will inhibit its own movement within the confined space that it is being raised in.

j83
04-02-2005, 06:42 PM
"the fish will not grow to a size that will inhibit its own movement within the confined space that it is being raised in."

In my experience this is only true for freshwater fish. Given time, and a healthy environment marine fish can and will outgrow their tank (if it's too small).

Reefhawk1
04-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Do you have a picture of the Tang? Does it bully any other fish in your tank? I have a regal Tang in my 180 if it insn't an agressive fish and they won't fight I could take it off your hands :biggrin:

Stan

Dabbler
04-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Well from my personal experiance ( I have had it for about 1 year) my pbt is fine in my reef tank...but it has nibbled on a few corrals but that is just when I forget to feed it. It did eat my green stars frag and Bev's yellow buttons. It eats nori brine shimp and mysis and likes to nibble on krill if I strap some to her feeding rock :biggrin: We got it at about the 3 " size or a little smaller but it is now about 4" tall and 6" long It loves the camera and will sit there a talk up a storm with you as you are at the tank. It is also an active swimmer and sleep behind the rocks at night. They have been know to get ick at a drop of a hat but I also have a cleaner goby in the tank and he keeps it in check :cool:

http://www3.telus.net/public/dabbler/120%20Gallon%20002.jpg

She did bug my 6 line when we put him in the tank but after a few days they we friends

Edmonton Eskimo
04-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Mine has no problems with anything in the tank already but is aggresive towards newcomers. I have had no problems with mine nipping corals or anything else.

Marcus K
04-03-2005, 03:31 AM
Wish I could, thats a great price. Regina has one for sale that is a little bigger for $120 at the LFS.

Marcus

ABreefkpr
04-03-2005, 03:43 AM
I have a 155 gal bowfront it would fit nicely in if you still have it.

Keith