PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater stores in Calgary?

Justin_18
04-02-2005, 03:58 AM
Hi,

I was just wondering how many stores there are in calgary that carry saltwater livestock, live rock, etc. And what their names are, all I know of is Big Al's and Wai's.

Beermaster
04-02-2005, 03:58 AM
Dont forget GOLDS, ahh good old golds

Justin_18
04-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Can you tell me how to get there from Wai's or deerfoot?

Are there any others?

AJ_77
04-02-2005, 04:52 AM
Take 17th Ave SE off Deerfoot to get out to Gold.

There is Ocean Aquarium which is close to Wai's - go up Center St to about 25th Ave. It's beside an excellent bakery. :mrgreen:

Vagabond
04-02-2005, 05:06 AM
I think I've posted this once before but I couldn't find the thread so here it goes again

Golds Aquarium - Bay J, 4710 17th Ave. S.E.

Ocean Aquarium Ltd. - Bay 6, 2610 Centre St. N.E.

Wai's Aquarium Ltd. - Bay 4, 222 - 16th Ave. N.E.

Riverfront Aquariums - 417 Riverfront Ave. S.E.

Big Al's - 8228 Macleod Trail S.E.

I believe that is everyone in Calgary whom carries Marine livestock.

Happy hunting :smile:

Snappy
04-03-2005, 03:34 AM
There is also Petcetera on Bonaventure Dr SE if you want to see very poorly kept and scantily stocked tanks. I often wonder who they sell their stuff to or if it all just dies between shipments.

Ryan
04-03-2005, 07:02 PM
I dont think that Pet Cetera fish are bad fish. I know a guy with only Pet Cetera fish in his tank and they are all doing 100%. He added a green chromis from another store and it wiped out all his Pet Cetra fish. He did do the 8 week quarentine (sp?) may i add. It is funny how you can keep these fish together but when you add one from another store they go belly up. :confused:

Tarolisol
04-03-2005, 07:05 PM
I dont think that Pet Cetera fish are bad fish. I know a guy with only Pet Cetera fish in his tank and they are all doing 100%. He added a green chromis from another store and it wiped out all his Pet Cetra fish. He did do the 8 week quarentine (sp?) may i add. It is funny how you can keep these fish together but when you add one from another store they go belly up. :confused:

I have to compleatly disagree with you, petcetera has no bussiness carrying saltwater fish. They are kept in horrible conditions, no has a clue about how to actully take care of them, and they are by far the worst priced SW i have ever seen.

danny zubot
04-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Put it this way, if they can survive at petcetera they will survice anywhere. :mrgreen: Remember, even though their tanks look bad, they have a very slow turnover so their fish are very well acclimated by the time you buy them. My only beef is that they charge two for one on every fish in stock, but only after the double the price. I've never had a Petcetera fish die on me.

Ryan
04-04-2005, 09:20 PM
When we buy our koi from them we just price out the store and make them match.

impreza
04-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Also Pisces as well.

SJSobczyk
04-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Also Pisces as well.

They are not carrying any SW right now. The section has been shut down for months. Shame, they did carry some nice fish now and then. Their LR was a different story, What a Joke! Feel bad for anyone that bought LR from there!
SJS