PDA

View Full Version : This is great!

Funky_Fish14
04-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi there fellow Edmontonian Reefers!

I wasnt aware we had a 'reefing club', but then someone on AquariumPros.ca pointed me here(MR. Alberta, thanks). Glad to see there are more of us! I look forward to chatting in the boards!

Chris

mr_alberta
04-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the board!

muck
04-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Welcome to the board!
aka Mr. Alberta... :mrgreen:

Welcome to the board Funky!! :cool:

Beermaster
04-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Welcome

snaggle
04-02-2005, 12:28 AM
welcome it is always good to have more people in our group.

Brad

Beverly
04-02-2005, 12:44 AM
We used to live by the Zoo :cool: Beautiful neighbourhood :biggrin:

Bob I
04-02-2005, 01:12 AM
We used to live by the Zoo :cool: Beautiful neighbourhood :biggrin:

Remember the old rhyme "all of the monkeys ain't in the zoo, some live right here by me and you". :razz: :razz: :razz: :biggrin:

fishguyxd
04-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Welcome
It's great

lots of info and experience on this site
so read lots :smile:

kuatto
04-02-2005, 02:44 AM
Welcome :mrgreen:
.....one more potential zoo customer....soon,my master plan will be complete..mwahahahaha..... :evilbat:

Beverly
04-02-2005, 03:09 AM
Remember the old rhyme "all of the monkeys ain't in the zoo, some live right here by me and you". :razz: :razz: :razz: :biggrin:

Never haerd that one. Must be before my time, boB :razz:

Bob I
04-02-2005, 03:11 AM
[quote=Bob_I]Remember the old rhyme "all of the monkeys ain't in the zoo, some live right here by me and you". :razz: :razz: :razz: :biggrin:

Never haerd that one.

Dyslexia Bev :razz: :question: :biggrin:

kellehar
04-02-2005, 03:42 AM
welcome funky :smile:

Funky_Fish14
04-02-2005, 05:24 AM
Thanks everyone!

Lol, Kuatto, dont mind me when im sleeping infront of your tank at night!

Actually I have three types of zoas and im looking for some people to sploosh some money with me that want to go to AI(maybe all of us can, lol) and buy a whole bunch of their colonies "in the back" and split them up! I've got a couple people interested on another board. I pointed them here, hopefully they show up!

Newguy: Thanks man!

Actually, I live so close to the zoo(top of the hill), I have actually heard the monkies from my house before, lol. I also do a pretty mean monkey impression(very realistic actually, just one of my "hidden talents", lmao).

BTW: Anyone interested in some equipment lemme know I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of(so I can get more money for corals! Lol). Thanks.

Chris

Beermaster
04-02-2005, 05:45 AM
well you should prob list what equipment you have for sale, so that we can all gooble it up :mrgreen:

Richer
04-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the board!

If we're going to organize a group buy on corals... I would skip on AI. I think we would save more money buying from an internet vendor even with shipping... or even buying from Calgary and chipping in for gas. I believe shotzee is trying to organize a buy from Ocean Aquatics. I'm not sure how thats going though... as I haven't gotten an email from OA about their frags yet :neutral:

-Rich

Beverly
04-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Actually, I live so close to the zoo(top of the hill), I have actually heard the monkies from my house before, lol. I also do a pretty mean monkey impression(very realistic actually, just one of my "hidden talents", lmao).

Chris,

Also heard the monkeys from our old house, 80 Ave, 139 St. Did not learn to imitate them though :razz: :lol: Maybe too far away :mrgreen: :biggrin:

boB,

Dyslexic some of the time, but mostly have it under control :biggrin:

Funky_Fish14
04-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Beverly: Lol, I know exactly where that is. Just over the hill, but its closer. I am at 13711 Buena Vista Rd. Or some might say its 85th and 138th, but thats not my adress. Haha yeah...the imitation is just something I did and over the course of doing it for a few years got good at it, lol.

Rich: Well, for the stuff from AI, its just that there are some corals in the back that I want, but they cost too much moola! Lol.

BeerMaster: Will do! Should I put it in the E-Reefing Club forum, or is there a classifieds? I'll check that, lol.

Thanks all!

Chris

Beermaster
04-02-2005, 08:29 PM
nah, pust PM me the list LOL

yea there is a buy sell area on the main page

Funky_Fish14
04-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Hey Man, Im PMing you the list as we speak, I'll post it on classifieds too a little later but I must be off. Also, anyone who buys gets to see MY TANK!(Mom's, lol, w/e, Its pretty much mine).

Chris

michika
04-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey Funky,

Might your tank be near your front window? Or a front window of your house?

There is a house that I've started pass on my way home from the ERC or the dogpark that seems to have that "fish tank glow" coming from it. Might that be you?

Nemain
04-04-2005, 04:18 PM
LoL I thought I was the only one that did drive by sightings :lol:

muck
04-04-2005, 04:20 PM
LoL I thought I was the only one that did drive by sightings :lol:
nope... :mrgreen:

mr_alberta
04-04-2005, 04:39 PM
You use to be able to see my tank from the other side of the High Level Bridge :eek:

kuatto
04-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Its funny how we can spot a reef tank in a window just by the light it gives off.My wife always asks how do you know they have a tank?Just by spotting the blue or white glow in the window?

muck
04-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Its funny how we can spot a reef tank in a window just by the light it gives off.My wife always asks how do you know they have a tank?Just by spotting the blue or white glow in the window?
If its coming from the basement windows it may or may not be a reef tank... :mrgreen:

Funky_Fish14
04-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Ryan: Lmao!

Nah, if its on 142nd street, before the IGA but after the traffic circle, I've been seeing those for a year or two. There are two. Also there is another house that has a weird glow on Buena Vista sometimes, but its purple, lol.

Chris

Beverly
04-05-2005, 12:35 AM
There are two. Also there is another house that has a weird glow on Buena Vista sometimes, but its purple, lol.

I know that guy. Lives in a yellow house with SUVs in the driveway. He has tanks galore and nice ones too. Since we moved, haven't seen him much. Glad to know he's still glowing, though :biggrin:

mr_alberta
04-05-2005, 12:41 AM
His name isn't Bronic is it Bev?

Beverly
04-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Sure is, Harvey :exclaim:

mr_alberta
04-05-2005, 01:46 AM
Bronic has some very very nice tanks (all lit by VHO's only). He has 10' of tank along one wall (it use to be 20' of tank I hear). He's also got the biggest BTA I've ever seen. It must have been at least 20" across. Its unfortunate that he isn't on this board/doesn't post if he is.

Funky_Fish14
04-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Well, I havent seen "him glow" in awhile, lol. I'll have to stop by there and introduce myself sometime. Matter of a fact, maybe I'll go over there right now and see if its a yellow house with SUVs, lol.

Should I said that Beverly/Harvey sorta "sent" me? Lol.

Chris

mr_alberta
04-05-2005, 02:52 AM
I doubt he'd even remember me. I've only met him once. Quite memorable though.

Funky_Fish14
04-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Lol, Well I'll go over there and check if its the right house anyways.

Chris

Funky_Fish14
04-05-2005, 04:02 AM
Hmm.......didnt see the house, and the "glowing house" wasnt the one. Beverly, do you know his adress by any chance? Lol. Thanks.

Chris

Beverly
04-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Bronic has some very very nice tanks (all lit by VHO's only). He has 10' of tank along one wall (it use to be 20' of tank I hear).

Bronek's 10' tank is in his dining room and is actually two tanks side by side, but are plumbed together. He's a MASTER plumber, btw :biggrin: Have babysat his tanks a couple of times while he and his family were on vacation.

lil_clownfish13
04-08-2005, 04:42 PM
hahah i wonder if people read these posts and think...hmmm people who keep fish are also junior stalkers!! hahaha us sick fish people eh? hahah i always try and peek too when i see the 'glow'

Funky_Fish14
04-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Lol, yeh, curious fish people us! Lol.

Hey Tina, Glad to see you found the site! Are you liking it so far?

Chris

Funky_Fish14
04-10-2005, 04:30 AM
Wow, Bronek's tanks are so nice! He only has his two plummed together now(6ft and 4ft), but they are awesome! His annemone was crazy! He only has the one left now, but it is HUGE, lol. And it has a big gold stripe maroon clown hosting it. So many corals(he is complaining he has too many, lol). Thanks Bev! Also, it was the house that I thought it was in the end, lol. My tank was so measly compared to his, hahaha. I brought him a frag, and he was having trouble deciding where to put it, thats how packed he was!

Anyways, cheers all!

Chris

Beverly
04-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Chris,

In our phone conversation, he was saying he has so many corals that they are now killing each other :eek: You shoulda hit him up for some frags, man :biggrin: He told me to come by for frags, which I will in May afer my daughter's wedding is over :biggrin:

Funky_Fish14
04-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Yes, they are unfortunately. He has some spreading all over uncontrolably. He offered me some since we were going to my house right after to look at my *Puiney* tank(well compared to his, lol). We are going to talk again this week, lol.

Chris