PDA

View Full Version : Majano Starting

Willow
04-01-2005, 06:35 AM
i noticed a month or so ago i got a frag with a majano on it. a few weeks later there are 3 of them around. tonite one is stuck to the front glass of the tank. i was kind of amazed how it got there. i placed the magnet about 2 inches below it to see if it would move, hour later its attached to the magnet.

should i be dealing with this now or are they not a big deal? they are kinda cute, but i certainly don't want them covering the rocks everywhere. will the hotwater or kalk work on them?

BCWolfen
04-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Willow, They are cute but tend to spread. I've been fighting them since I started my tank, they came with it :mad: I've used boiling water with success. Turkey baster is not enough you need to inject it. A full syringe for each one. You will see its color change to green. I've also used Joes on them. Works good, but you have to leave the powerheads off for at least 1/2 hour to let it work.

Willow
04-01-2005, 06:42 AM
ok this is silly but where do i get a syringe with a needle on it? i have syringes for feeding birds but i need to actually poke into its skin for it to work right?

BCWolfen
04-01-2005, 06:57 AM
I got mine at the pharmacy in Walmart. $0.25 ea. They looked at me real funny when I told them what it was for lol

Zerandise
04-01-2005, 06:58 AM
no just fallow it into its hole :) you are cooking it basicly.