PDA

View Full Version : aquamedic turbo flotor 1000 or Ramora Pro

Willito
04-01-2005, 05:51 AM
I was contemplating on picking up this skimmer used for half the price of a new Ramora Pro. I don't know much about the Flotor 1000 but have heard only good things about the Ramora. I plan on putting it on a 60g fish-only. These are both hang-on models. Could anyone shed some light on the performance of the Flotor 1000 w/aquabee 2000 pump. The only reason why I am having a hard time with this decision is because one is half the price of the other. Help. :confused:

EmilyB
04-01-2005, 06:03 AM
I owned a hang on Turbo floater for about a day....you fine tune for about twelve hours during which time most of it ends up on the floor. :eek: Maybe just my experience. :confused:

Willito
04-01-2005, 02:17 PM
ON the floor?? :eek: Isn't the return large enough to prevent that? If there's even a slight chance of that happening, I will go with the Ramora. It's fool proof for such thing as that. Very strange because the concept is similar to a Euroreef.

Joe Reefer
04-01-2005, 02:53 PM
I use a in sump turboflotor and it works great. It constantly pulls dark skimate from the water.

Azilla
04-01-2005, 02:56 PM
i use the in sump one too and works greats mine is modded with a extra maxi jet i love it. then again its the only skimmer i owned.

Willito
04-01-2005, 03:07 PM
I guess if I were to run a sump on the tank this skimmer would serve the purpose.

kris_willard
04-01-2005, 04:04 PM
I ran the turbofloater hang on on my sump (no room) and i didnt have one complaint. This skimmer wasnt ment to be tuned, its plug and play and yes it works just fine that way. Its well worth the money.

Snappy
04-01-2005, 11:59 PM
I run a hang on the tank turbofloater 1000 and it works well however they are very sensitive and needs to be shut down a lot during feeding as it creates a huge amount of bubbles if I don't. It took a good week before it was broken in and working the way I had hoped. It works really well and sometimes I think too well. A turbofloater 1000 on a 60 gal might be a little over kill. To start with for the first while I would use a regulator for the airflow until it breaks in.