PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic PC bulbs, very impressed!

Vagabond
03-31-2005, 10:47 PM
I received my two PC replacement bulbs for my Aqualight (1 - 96W 10K, 1 - 96W Actinic) from OA yesterday. Boy what a difference in brightness compared to the Coralife bulbs the unit came with :eek:.

The Actinic has a much more purple/blue than the blue of the Coralife actinic which really makes the coraline, zoos, and moon coral fluoresce nicely.

Lets hope my corals enjoy the new bulbs as much as I do :biggrin:

Bob I
04-01-2005, 12:20 AM
How old were the Coralife bulbs when you replaced them :question: The reason I ask is because I had the same fixture, and when I replaced the bulbs they were six months old, and had lost half their output. :mad:

Vagabond
04-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Bob

My bulbs were actually 9 months old and as with yours, they definately lost alot of their output quite quickly. That being said, I would still put the brightness of the new panasonics over new coralife bulbs in a heartbeat.

I will monitor over time see how longevity and brightness compare to the old bulbs, but very happy out of the gate.

I would like to try a set from Hello lights as well, as I have read very good things about their lamps, however, with their no shipping to outside the continental US policy :mad: getting them here is a clusterf*@#.

Doug
04-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I have been using the 55w Panasonic,s for years, over my turf scrubber. I run the 67K but run them until they expire, as the spectrum is not as important as for corals. I have at least two years on my current set.

danny zubot
04-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey Scott, where did you get them and how much? I'll need new PC bulbs soon and they sound cool.

muck
04-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey Scott, where did you get them and how much? I'll need new PC bulbs soon and they sound cool.
Read the first post again Danny... :razz: :lol:

Vagabond
04-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Danny,

I got them from Ocean Aquatics. The total cost of the 2 bulbs including GST and shipping via DHL was $110.00.

BTW Wendell did a great job of packing them for shipping. You could have played soccer with the box for an hour and still probably not have broken a bulb :biggrin:

I don't have a dig camera or I would post a pic for you :rolleyes:, but your welcome to drop by anytime and see how they look.

danny zubot
04-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Cool, $110.00 is about the same price for the coralife bulbs. might as well try the Panasonics then.

Ryan
04-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Do you have pictures so we can compare. I am looking for mew PC bulbs and if these are better than CL i would like to buy them instead.

Beermaster
04-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Ryan, read then post lol

don't have a dig camera or I would post a pic for you ,

Ryan
04-02-2005, 01:23 AM
woops missed that one :redface: