PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Juice

rickjames
03-29-2005, 05:19 PM
After trying a couple of ways to get rid of my one aptasia (vinegar injection, kalk slurry, etc) and being tired of watching the bast**d flourish and grow, I picked up a bottle of Joe's Juice to try out. I squirted a shot onto the anemone and like a puff of smoke it instantly dissolved into mush! It has been about 3 days with no sign of any grow back.

Overall I would recommend this stuff to anyone who wants to nuke an aptasia! Works like a charm.

G1GY
03-30-2005, 10:05 AM
Boiling water in a hypodermic syringe works great also! :biggrin:

IslandReefer
03-30-2005, 11:30 AM
And for total eradication; a clean up crew of a couple of Peppermint shrimp........I always seem to miss one with the Joe's :rolleyes: .......next thing you know they are back in force.
Joe's works , for me, best on the larger more visible and accesssible aptaisa, but since they are so tenatious,( just a few petal cells are needed to grow more) I find you need something to get the ones you don't see or kill every cell....and Peppermints tend to like the small tender ones anyway :smile: .

rickjames
03-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Boiling water in a hypodermic syringe works great also! :biggrin:

If you are fast enough! :smile:

I have a peppermint shrimp, I think this aptasia scared him, because he never touched it! :lol:

Willow
03-30-2005, 03:30 PM
i wonder if joes works on xenia.

Griffin
03-31-2005, 06:00 AM
My girlfriend will kill you if you harm any xenia - she will come out and take it from you if any danger is threatend. She has a small tank that i got her started on (it actually helped in the "how much was that" zone - now she is addicted :lol: ) but she wants everything that people think are pests - go figure

Rich

Aquattro
03-31-2005, 07:09 AM
but she wants everything that people think are pests - go figure

Rich

Hey, I have these really nice Isopods she can have!!

rickjames
03-31-2005, 03:16 PM
My girlfriend will kill you if you harm any xenia -
Rich

I hear ya on this one, I get crap everytime I pull out some pink macro algae I have growing in my tank, and I think I mentioned once about pruning the xenia and I got crap again! So I didn't tell her when I pulled some xenia out this weekend! :smile:

StirCrazy
03-31-2005, 03:17 PM
My girlfriend will kill you if you harm any xenia - she will come out and take it from you if any danger is threatend. She has a small tank that i got her started on (it actually helped in the "how much was that" zone - now she is addicted :lol: ) but she wants everything that people think are pests - go figure

Rich

don't tell her I am taking a propane torch to some pretty soon :evil:

Steve

Griffin
04-03-2005, 03:50 AM
Damn -- she read the post and wants to travel to victoria - take your xenia and slap your faces for even thinking about doing that stuff :evil:

you guys are on your own - can't protect you --- sorry :cool:

Aquattro
04-03-2005, 05:15 AM
What she doesn't realize is that a propane torch won't do a thing to xenia. The stuff is indestructible!!

Corey
04-03-2005, 06:02 AM
Joes Juice seems to work well on aiptasia, Im curious if it would work on button polyps.

cc_bruno
04-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Boiling water has always worked for me, (although, I do three successive shots to make sure that it's dead :biggrin: ). On the flip side, I can't keep xenia to save my life, go figure :confused: .

Robert

Macross
04-11-2005, 05:33 AM
Joe's juice is awesome, but watch out for killing other stuff. While I was killing some aptaisia, I accidently plunged too much at once because the monoject syringe got clogged. I ended up killing a nearby patch of green star polyp. Anybody kill anything else?