PDA

View Full Version : Sad tank move story.

Bob I
03-29-2005, 03:56 PM
I moved the contents of my 52 into the new 75 last weekend. After the move things looked real good. The RBTA was fully expanded and very colorful. However overnight it became suicidal. Monday morning I found it had crawled to the top of the tank, and tangled with the Seio 620. During the encounter it lost a large number of its tentacles. :mad: I moved the Seio away from the Anemone and let it be. Later in the day it found its way to the bottom of the tank looking very bedraggled. In the area where it was now located is the intake for the Fluval 304. I had carefully piled some rocks on its intake so no animal would tangle with it (I thought) :eek:
However, this morning I found the anemone had crawled between the rocks to to have an unpleasant encounter with the Fluval intake. It was now in two small pieces, but still somewhat alive. Rather than allowing it to die and foul the tank, I granted its death wish by scraping its remaining pieces into the white telephone. :sad:

Beverly
03-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Dang, boB :cry: Too bad you did not have protective covers over the intakes to prevent such anemone mishaps :sad:

Bob I
03-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Dang, boB :cry: Too bad you did not have protective covers over the intakes to prevent such anemone mishaps :sad:

Sure that is true, however, I felt the rocks would be fine for the Fluval, and in the case of the Seio I have no idea how to protect it. And in my defence I really thought it was out of reach. :sad:

LostMind
03-29-2005, 04:33 PM
That sux man.

Delphinus
03-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Very sorry to hear of your misfortune. :frown:

danny zubot
03-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Bad news Bob, but its good that you got it out of the tank before it fouled it up for the rest of your critters

BCOrchidGuy
03-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear Bob I bet that was hard to do. I would have thought the rocks would be sufficient as well.

Doug

bulletsworld
03-29-2005, 10:00 PM
O.h nOOOoOoo not the RBTA! She was a beauty. Wonder if she would have recovered. Whats up with our anemone’s these days hey.

Don’t feel bad. Your intakes & filters can never be quite far or hidden enough away. I had both my LTA and RBTA both surprisingly walk in the night to either side of tanks. EEK! When I was missing my LTA I realized it was behind a big rock, sucked tentacles up the Fluval intake....NOOooOoooooo... I wondered why my xenia's & polyps were looking ill. I ended up cutting the LTA out of the Fluval, but it lost a good portion of its body. I did a HUGE water change, ran carbon and watched it closely before I decided its time to throw him away. It’s been just over a week; he moved again but almost looks like the damage part is falling off. I'm glad I didn't pull the plug on him but it’s really a judgement call that may or may not cost you the rest of your livestock. Sounds like you made the right choice. Just sorry to hear about the loss.

The other RBTA (i got from you) is moving around again too. Picky creatures…they seem to hate any tank changes. I'm thinking its risky having any anemone’s with any intakes.

Sorry again…to hear about your RBTA. *PAPERHUGS* You can request pic's of mine anytime though. :wink:

Skimmerking
03-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the Loss. atleast it didnt wipe out your tank as stated in one of the previous posts.

mike

Squiddy
03-30-2005, 12:08 AM
I moved my 90 gallon reef a couple of weeks ago from one house to another and ever since, my anenome hasn't been happy. Before the move it looked quite happy and was always down on the rocks but now he's always up at the top of the tank on the glass. Not sure why he's not happy because everything is the running the same.

sumpfinfishe
03-30-2005, 02:10 AM
Sorry to hear that :sad:

KrazyKuch
03-30-2005, 02:32 AM
Sorry to hear man....Hope nothing else decides to follow suite

muck
03-30-2005, 04:44 AM
O.h nOOOoOoo not the RBTA! She was a beauty.
Any before pics of the beauty Bob?
Sorry to hear of your loss btw... :frown: