PDA

View Full Version : What Is It

KrazyKuch
03-28-2005, 05:24 PM
We have something in our tank unknown to be god or bad but it's small kinda round moves like a snail and has four little tunnels coming of 4 corners and it was pulsing and shooting out like a white mist into the water....I then noticed that the was a second white mist coming from somewere else SO I think I have 2 I tried to get a picture but he totally blends in with my rock I will try and post it!!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/962446/Critter.jpg

qwiksilver
04-03-2005, 03:55 AM
It looks like a ghost camelion nudibranch. They are recluse and hide amongst the rock eating leftovers and detritus. Many have seen them but don't know it. They blend in well with their environment (thus camelion) and are usually imported on live rock. Many times people kill them inadvertanly by moving their rock around and squishing them. You know you have one when:

1. You can't see them!
2. You think you see something, but don't!
3. White streams mysteriously appear in your tank and there is nothing around it could have come from.

They multiply quite rapidly when photos are taken of them, so by now your tank is covered in them and will soon be overrun by them. Ways to get rid of these unseen pests are to dump invisible ink in (it reacts with their invisible pigments, kind of like when you multiply two negatives you get a positive :lol:). April fools. Oh wait, that was yesterday. Sorry. :redface: