PDA

View Full Version : Updated webpage

Shadetree
08-14-2001, 12:11 AM
Finally got around to taking some more pics and updated the webpage a bit, especially the livestock page.
http://www.shadetree.homestead.com/index.html

Scott

titus
08-14-2001, 08:59 AM
Hello Scott,

Put more fish in, give your skimmer a super workout. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Titus

canadawest
08-14-2001, 11:30 AM
Looks good Scott. I'm particularily interested in your tank because we both started our tanks within a week of each other.

Mine is also maturing nicely. I have a bunch of pics but no time to setup a site to host them.

And I agree with Titus, get some more fish in that tank! I've got 13 now. With the exception of wanting a pair of Bangaii Cardinals, I'm done stocking fish now.

Now it's time for corals, corals, corals! Any of you local guys got stuff for sale or trade? I've got lots of nice Xenia, a small Bubble Tip Anemone, and possibly a Hammer Coral that I might frag if someone wants a small branch.

titus
08-14-2001, 01:29 PM
Hello Andrew,

Those Bangaii Cardinals are cool fish. Imagine the babies are stored in the mouth. images/smiles/icon_eek.gif I wonder how they eat.

I placed my green star poly on top of another rock, with some gaps in between. The encrusting layer has been sticking out attempting to bond with the other piece. Some has actually migrated to the other piece and new green star poly are growing on it.

I think one day I have to trim those little enrusting layers. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But until then......

Titus

Troy F
08-14-2001, 02:32 PM
Scott, the pictures look great. Man, that Green Lantern guy sure grew some nice corals in his day, especially that leather. All I can say is: Wow! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Forget the fish, I think a mated pair of tank raised blue whales would compliment the tank nicely. Plus, as an added bonus, it is a good excuse to upgrade the tank when they grow.

canadawest
08-14-2001, 02:57 PM
Yeah the Bangaii male holds the eggs in his mouth to incubate them. Apparently the male doesn't eat for weeks while he's got the eggs! Man that is parenting.

And baby blue whale? Might get two in there? images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SuperFudge
08-14-2001, 05:58 PM
Looks Awesome Scott!

Marc.

Shadetree
08-15-2001, 01:20 AM
Thanks guys,

Yeah that Green Lanterm made some nice donations, you would think he would have a tank of his own going images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I am slowly trying to decide what fish and corals I want in the tank. I want LARGE colonies for corals and I want a peaceful collection of fish. If all goes well I will be getting a pair of tank raised Bangaii Cardinals very shortly.

Scott

Doug
08-15-2001, 06:55 AM
Nice job Scott.

[ 15 August 2001: Message edited by: Doug ]

canadawest
08-15-2001, 03:38 PM
Hey Scott, where are you going to be getting your tank raised Bangaii's from?

I have been waiting to find a pair locally and apparently there aren't many right now due to the season.