PDA

View Full Version : aftermath of ALK mishap

danny zubot
03-23-2005, 05:21 PM
So all of my levels are returning to normal, Ca+ is back up about 390-400 which is close to what the calculator said I needed to counter the high Alk. My Ph is still really high and I can't get it down. Tried water changes and adding CaCo2 with little to no effect, open to suppgestions.

Zoos are coming out, Rbta bubbles up and now hosts my perc :biggrin: but my GSP and Snakeskin GSP haven't opened up yet!!! I know I know, its only gsp, but its concerning. Its been a week, how long should I wait before chucking them?

BCWolfen
03-24-2005, 03:25 AM
When I first got my tank it had a huge rock covered with this purple skin with little bumps. Turns out it was BSP. But they waited almost 3 weeks before a few of them even started to poke their lil heads out.... I know its not quite the same, but maybe they are just having a siesta till they feel better.

danny zubot
03-24-2005, 02:36 PM
A couple of weeks....I know they are pretty bullet proof, I'll wait for a while and see what happens.

Delphinus
03-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah, basically, don't chuck 'em. If they're goners they'll just be .. gone (the rock they're on will be clean). So if they're still there in some form, hopefully they'll still come back.