PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Recommendation?

cpenner
03-22-2005, 05:44 AM
Greetings,

Can anyone recommend a great magazine to read on reefing and marine fish? I know Ocean Aquatics has CORAL, however, it appears to be a bit pricy. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Chad

AndyL
03-22-2005, 06:03 AM
Coral is well worth the $.

Hmmm... Isn't the next issue out yet? I'm in withdrawals.

Andy

muck
03-22-2005, 06:06 AM
The only other good one that I know about is "Marine Fish and Reef USA".
It is only an annual magazine though unfortunately. :frown:

http://www.shopanimalnetwork.com/product.asp?0=236&1=302&3=454

PrairieReefer
03-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Coral is Definitely worth the money.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Pricey for a magazine, but it's more like getting an up-to-date reference book. I'm planning to keep more than one copy of the Seahorse edition so that I have one to thumb through & one to keep in mint condition. It has better info than other seahorse books & I wish I had my copy right now but I loaned it to another reefer with seahorses & we'll be using the info within to help us when our seahorse's have little ponies. :biggrin:

The pics are out of this world & the articles are very well written. I'm planning to get several other editions when the next shipment arrives. It's also 90% articles & only 10% ads, which gives me more bang for the buck. Ask the others who've purchased any edition if it was worth the $12. If I could afford it, I'm tempted to get the whole set. Like someone posted on another thread, the Canadian subscription price is ridiculous :evil: or I'd just subscribe to Coral & have it delivered.

$12 bucks for my new seahorse reference is a deal IMO. Most other fish mags are full of ads & are a little light on the good articles.

Anthony

OceanAquatics
03-22-2005, 07:45 AM
The new issue of CORAL will be in stock by the 2nd week April I was told.

danny zubot
03-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey Ryan, ever since you changed your avatar I read your posts as though your yelling. :lol:

muck
03-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey Ryan, ever since you changed your avatar I read your posts as though your yelling. :lol:
I gots to get my point across somehow... :mrgreen:

cpenner
03-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys,

Looks like I will have to grab a copy of Coral now!

Cheers,

Chad

Willow
03-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks guys,

Looks like I will have to grab a copy of Coral now!

Cheers,

Chad

i wouldnt limit yourself to one!