PDA

View Full Version : clown went carpet surfing

OCDP
03-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Oh man... check this out. I come upstairs just to do a little tank gazing.. and what do I see on my floor in front of the tank? My female Ocellaris!!! Ok, so .. this may sound weird. But my first reaction was like , hey theres the female clown. Then I looked for a sec, i was like holy sh!t she's on the floor!!!! I like jumped up and down... i grabbed her with my hands and tossed her right into the tank, and sat her down on the substrate. I didn't care how long she was out of the tank, I was still taking the chance to put her in.

So, she floats right to the bottom it was really hard to see that... it's times like this you realize how much you really adore your fish. as lame as it may sound. anyways, after about 10 seconds she started kind of shaking, but slowwwwly. Then she would stop, and then BAM! She just started breathing really, really, heavy... she was bashing into things and just twitching like crazy.

Long story short, she is freaking alive!!! She is back at it , eating and everything. I am so happy, oh my goodness, I am so glad I went up there.. sometimes you think it's like a sign from above lol.. just cause you decide to go look, and there it is. I dunno

That was amazing to see her revive like that though, poor girl :sad: I don't know what caused her to do this. Although, I just noticed a fairly big hairy crab the other night. And seen it earlier when I got home from work. He's nasty lookin' :evil: Could this be a possiblilty?

Anyways, had to share.
Scott

oh yeah BTW.. the funny thing about this story as well, is that out of all the fish I have had. Purple Firefish, Yellow Watchman Goby (all potential jumpers) .. none have. And instead, the clown does! hahah :rolleyes:

kuatto
03-22-2005, 03:32 AM
:cool: glad to hear she is ok.

LostMind
03-22-2005, 04:19 AM
I love the good ending to this story!

trilinearmipmap
03-22-2005, 04:21 AM
Time to invest in some eggcrate.

OCDP
03-22-2005, 04:40 AM
Yep, no doubt about it. I will be getting some eggcrate when I purchase my sand. And yes, it's always nice to have a good ending. I don't know who is luckier... me, or the fish. But now I have the true nemo... lucky and everything :lol: cheesy yah

danny zubot
03-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Thats crazy! Good to hear she's alive, must be a tough little fish!

OCDP
03-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Indeed, she's a trooper . I am just so thankful for having went upstairs at that time. I bet you had one or two minutes passed by I don't think she would have come back.

It took her a while to revive , but she did. It was really amazing to see it happen, also kind of hard as well!

I just heard some people have tossed their fish in the tank although it's been dried up and out of water for hours, and they came back to life... that's crazy.