PDA

View Full Version : Devils hand finger leather is barely attached

Saltysteve
03-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Uh Oh, been enjoying looking after a small 3/4 inch devils hand finger leather for the past month. It is now about 1.5 inches tall, twice as fat but, he's quickly becoming unattached from the rock. Troubles when fragged lead to the use of a net to keep him attached but now he has grown through the netting and he's not re-attaching again Grrrr.......
Any ideas to get him to attach?
can I tooth pick him in the tank? My guess is no due to leaching.
Thanx

BMW Rider
03-21-2005, 07:27 PM
I used a toothpick to hold mine and it is doing just fine. I tried several ways to get it to attach, and that is what finally worked. It has grown around the toothpick and seems to be firmly attached to the rock now.

Skimmerking
03-21-2005, 08:52 PM
get some super glue from canadian tire and glue him to the rock it worked for me .

not krazy glue get the other one.

mike

Invigor
03-21-2005, 09:59 PM
<off topic>
mike, a ic660 for 2 t5s? seems like such a waste of a ballast! I'm guessing you just had one sittin around?

Skimmerking
03-21-2005, 10:03 PM
actually I never thought about it. :lol: And yes its an extra one that i had.

mike

Chad
03-22-2005, 12:24 AM
I've never actualy seen crazy clue hold a leather. Best thing I can tell you is to thread it high and attach to a rock in very very low current. Or wedge it into a crack. Also, make sure you re-cut the area you want to attach to the rock. If it has already healed it may take forever for it to attach.

my 2 cents..

Skimmerking
03-22-2005, 12:38 AM
i did it with my red chilli sponge.

mike

Saltysteve
03-22-2005, 02:29 AM
Do I have to worry about it leaching in the tank or is it too young to worry about this?
It's my favourite Coral :cry:

danny zubot
03-22-2005, 02:53 PM
What about an elastic band? Glue rarely works with leathers because they are so flexable and just slither out of it. Toothpicks....I don't know about that. I've had the best luck just raming them into a crack, after a few attempts they both stuck. You just gotta let them know who's boss!

mr_alberta
03-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Take some fishing line and a needle. Pierce the leather with the needle/fishing line and wrap the line around a piece of rubble or plug. Then glue the plug/rubble where you want it.

Saltysteve
03-23-2005, 05:09 AM
Lots of good replies and ideas here. The leather is in my main tank (only tank) so I have to worry about leaching, this is new to me.
Thank!

Richer
03-23-2005, 05:14 AM
I attached my colt corals in a simliar fashion as Harvey (newguy) suggested. I had a heck of a time trying to get it attached, until I sewed the thing onto a rock. I removed the line a week later and it attached just fine. Another thing that I tried and had success with was putting the coral in a little container and sandwiching part of it between a couple pieces of rubble... the colt attached within a few days.

HTH
-Rich