PDA

View Full Version : Sad day in my reef...

LostMind
03-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Well, today I lost Lenny the lawnmower blenny to a tunze powerhead....

I was fiddling with a thermometer near the tunze and as usual, anytime I am near my tank the fish come and say hi, hoping for food and such...

Well, Lenny was doing his usual, sitting at the bottom of the tank looking grumpy when he noticed the commotion in the lop left corner of the tank. So, swimming like a torpedo at full throttle he shot over to see whats up... SOMEHOW he swam right inside the tunze as it was on its low phase (25% power) and just as his head entered the front opening the tunze switched onto full power (80%) and there was an audible click... Lenny's spine musta snapped instantly.

His tail was sticking out one hole and the head out another... I was in shock (still in shock as I type this, it happened 5 mins ago). The other fish seemed to realise the problem immediately and all hid to their various caves....

Lenny was my absolute favorite in the tank. I've had him the longest and he was the big, grumpy ol' boss of the tank. His kiss marks on the glass and grumpy scowl will be sorely missed.

I am/was a big fan of the tunze's. I can't believe Lenny could do that... I guess I am going to run the low power setting slightly higher from now on.

Just needed to share...

Chin_Lee
03-19-2005, 10:30 PM
sorry to hear that man - its hard when they do things that just don't make sense. I lost a firefish the other day and although I was sad, I recycled the fish by feeding it to my RBTA. If you have a good size rbta, give it some almost live food.
cwlee

4ptbuck
03-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Sorry for you loss.

Lost my sailfin tang last day too. It was perky before feeding. Developed a lump in it's gut, close to anus? and slowly died, all in about 1/2 hour.

4pts...

LostMind
03-19-2005, 10:48 PM
I have no anemones now (I gave them away). Only fuzzy sticks...

crappy day. Just when the tank is starting to look good too.

Richer
03-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Sorry about your loss. I too lost a lawnmower ("benny") awhile ago... it decided to go carpet surfing.

-Rich

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

hockey nut
03-20-2005, 03:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your fish.

They are a cool fish indeed.

LostMind
03-20-2005, 07:17 AM
TY everyone...