PDA

View Full Version : Grape calupra eaters

Richer
03-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Anyone have a smallish fish that eats grape calupra I can borrow for a few days? I was originally suppose to borrow a friend's foxface... but it got sick, so it won't be available to me for a few weeks at best.
Display tank is 33 gallons (36"x12" footprint) with a 15 gallon sump and a 15 gallon refugium. The tank in question is occupied by one lawnmower blenny, 2 ocellaris clownfish, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 cleanershrimp and a few astrea snails. Corals include a couple monti caps, digitatas, zoos, mushrooms, a candy cane, and a few other softies. I've also got a clam in there as well.

If you'd like, I would be happy to compensate you for your fish. Frags, future frags, cash, etc.

-Rich

geopod
03-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Richer...Why dont you just pull the calurpa out?Mind you try not to burst too many of the bubbles on it.I just pull mine out once a month and throw it out in the garden mine grew lik weeds.

Richer
03-19-2005, 09:47 PM
I wish it was as easy as pruning it back once a month. I'm finding myself doing it once every week or so, and its starting to get annoying :confused: . This stuff is a plague on my tank :evil:

-Rich

geopod
03-19-2005, 10:47 PM
I guess some peoples plague is some peoples treasures.Do you have a tang?If someone has a tang they will let you borrow for a few days a tang should take care of the problem.Heh I think Leeanne has a tang....

PFisher
03-22-2005, 05:58 PM
You might have luck with an Emerald Crab. Mine didn't touch the hair or buble algae, but tore through the grape calurpa.

guysmiley
03-22-2005, 06:56 PM
I used a Naso tang and a yellow tang for my problem. It's too bad it's only a 33 because my fish won't fit! One piece of advice if you borrow a tang, I found that it didn't touch the stuff unless I pulled it out by hand. The tang then demolished the little sprigs that were left on the rocks that I couldn't remove by hand. I haven't had a problem since.

Garrick.

Richer
03-23-2005, 04:59 AM
I already have an emerald crab in the tank... (I think), it doesn't touch anything.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Josh was nice enough to lend me his Sailfin Tang (aka. Tango). She's a beauty. There's finally something in the tank thats big enough to scare the crap out of my clowns :lol: .

-Rich

bulletsworld
03-23-2005, 08:14 PM
If someone has a tang they will let you borrow for a few days a tang should take care of the problem.Heh I think Leeanne has a tang....

Yeah hey if you didn't get Josh's tang your always welcome to my yellow tang. She LOVEEEES that stuff, will even pick it from the rocks. Yup, she even will munch hair algae thats only if I dont feed her Nori everyday though.

:mrgreen:

Richer
03-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the offer Lee, but I had already picked up Tango last night :razz: . If she doesn't work out, I'll keep your offer in mind!

-Rich

bulletsworld
03-23-2005, 09:28 PM
I used a Naso tang and a yellow tang for my problem. It's too bad it's only a 33 because my fish won't fit! Garrick.

Yeah your Naso alone would be too big. :lol: But what a big beautiful Naso tang you have.... *drool*

Thanks for the offer Lee, but I had already picked up Tango last night :razz: . If she doesn't work out, I'll keep your offer in mind! -Rich

Hey no problem Rich! :mrgreen: