PDA

View Full Version : edmonton fishies on sale!

cindyt
03-17-2005, 02:53 AM
WOOT WOOT! Ok,Petcetera,West Edmonton Mall is having a fish sale,buy one,get 2 free.Ok,we know theyre prices are already whacked cuz they always do the 2 for 1 deal,but hey,a third one just made it better!They dont have a whole lot right now,BUT on Friday theyre getting another marine shipment. :biggrin: Oh,and I found this out which you probably all know,but you can also order live fiji rock from them for 7.99lb...better than the 10.00 you normally see :)

So what say,Canreef meeting there at noon? :lol: :lol:

Anyways,thought Id pass it on.Oh,and a couple more,they also have the set-up 10 gall tanks(the kits you get) for 34.95-pretty fair I thought :)

PJ's also has some Hagens on sale(smaller ones).
See..?Now I can shop and have an excuse...'No honey,its not for ME,its to help my canreefer friends' :razz:

G1GY
03-17-2005, 03:50 AM
Oh,and I found this out which you probably all know,but you can also order live fiji rock from them for 7.99lb...better than the 10.00 you normally see :)

Or you can get one of the other Edmontonians that's going to Calgary to pick up Fiji at Gold Aquariums for you for $5.99 a pound. (Indo for $7.99 a pound) :biggrin:

cindyt
03-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Hmmm.........Im going to Calgary this weekend,was for a 'supply' trip,but .....sigh.....hitches always in plans somehow.However,I will definately check them out while,now,visiting mother-in-law(may your prayers be with me),and,if I come across and super cool deals,Ill let y'all know as soon as I get back! :biggrin:

mr_alberta
03-17-2005, 04:22 AM
I'd be careful about Petcetera rock. I hear they get it frozen :eek:

Don't know if its true or not, but I could have swore I read it somewhere before...

Richer
03-17-2005, 04:33 AM
I heard that petcetera rock is usually dry by the time it gets to the customer :eek:

-Rich

dennenboom
03-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Is this only the west end one? Do they even quarantine thier fish?

muck
03-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Is this only the west end one? Do they even quarantine thier fish?
As far as I know the only store in Edmonton that Quarantines fish is AI.

bulletsworld
03-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Been a while since I was there but, I thought the Petcetera at West Edmonton Mall & any other Petcetera was FW only? Do they actually sell livstock? :eek:

muck
03-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Been a while since I was there but, I thought the Petcetera at West Edmonton Mall & any other Petcetera was FW only? Do they actually sell livstock? :eek:

The Petcetera in West Ed Mall has a few tanks for SW. Not sure about the others.
Everytime I happen to drop in they have next to nothing in them.
Its not really a place I would want to purchase Livestock... :rolleyes:

bulletsworld
03-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Its not really a place I would want to purchase Livestock... :rolleyes:

Thanks Ryan!

Yeah, thats what I figured. :rolleyes: But always good to have an excuse to visit one more fish store....if I just happen to be in the mall anyway. Hehe :mrgreen:

Medicdude
03-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Aquarium Enthusiasts also quarantines all their saltwater fish for a minimum of two weeks.

muck
03-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Aquarium Enthusiasts also quarantines all their saltwater fish for two weeks.
I stand corrected... but then again you are in Devon. :razz:

cindyt
03-17-2005, 11:19 PM
I bought two fair size clowns from them...theyre happy and healthy so far...but agreed,gotta kinda be careful..

Richer
03-17-2005, 11:21 PM
I heard that they're not too bad if you grab the fish right after a shipment. It is a calculated risk though.

-Rich

cindyt
03-17-2005, 11:32 PM
I actually picked up some peppermint shrimp from them the other day too...was like 24.99 I believe,but with the buy one get 2 free...Ill chance it :biggrin: