PDA

View Full Version : ASM skimmer

sumpfinfishe
03-17-2005, 02:48 AM
Just picked up a ASM G-1 skimmer a few days ago from OA, this thing really spit's out the foam :biggrin:
3 fins up!

http://members.shaw.ca/sumpfinfishe/images/asmdry.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/sumpfinfishe/images/asmbody.jpg

Bryan
03-17-2005, 05:24 AM
Yup, I love my ASM G3

muck
03-17-2005, 05:25 AM
Nice upgrade Rich!! :cool:

EmilyB
03-17-2005, 05:25 AM
Is that a Euro clone :eek: :cool:

muck
03-17-2005, 05:29 AM
Is that a Euro clone :eek: :cool:
More or less. I thought I heard from somewhere that the ASM owner is a brother or relative of the Euro-Reef owner. Disputes of sorts caused him to split off of Euro-Reef. Someone correct me if im wrong... :confused:

megatron_55
03-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Hey rich . . . how much was it?? Alaso . . . is this the new coralife skimmer (sorry . . .don't know alot about skimmers) . . . up to how many gallons??

sumpfinfishe
03-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Tanks Ryan, and here is what was said on RC about the matter: ASM, contrary to the rumor mill, was never a part of ER. ER contracted ASM to build the skimmer that ASM sells, originally, to be the ER "budget skimmer". After some negotiations, ASM and ER agreed that ASM should market it independently. But, since it was going to be the budget ER, it does use the same pump and needle wheel (at least so far...ER is in the process of redesigning the pump).

Sorry to upset you Em-I'm sure you would have loved to see me join the "real" club :mrgreen:

It's not a Coralife skimmer, look on Ocean Aquatics site for all the details, many models at decent prices.

I'm really not sure about this unit tho, it has only really skimmed one day out of four. I have been told by a few ASM clubers that this could be way too much skimmer for my reef-that could explain the 3 days of just wet fizzy bubbles :sad:

IslandReefer
03-17-2005, 01:33 PM
For those curious a G1 is good to 100gal $339.99 with bigger models at $30 increments.
Rich how is the water level in the tower maintained? Can you raise it to help that poooor Sendra push the foam out? :razz:
Just razzin' looks good, with low power useage, let us know how it fairs over extended use. Look out Euroreef!
Thanks for the look....new toys are always :cool:

Dabbler
03-17-2005, 03:36 PM
I have a G2 skimmer and I just love it. It pulls lots of yucky stuff out and it is simple to use. After reading ton's of storys about how hard it was to setup other skimmers and having to do some mods to get other skimmers to work good...this one, for me that is...has worked from day one with no problems. It is easy to set, just slide that tube with the foam on it up or down for wetter or drier skim juice and there you go.