PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions

marie
03-16-2005, 03:20 AM
There is trouble in paradise. My new yellow tang has decided to be aggressive( I know, not a surprise) and it is the majestic angel that is being picked on :evil: ( I was hoping it would be the clown that got picked on :frown:).
What are the chances this will be resolved peacefully? Should i remove the angel and put her in my 75g reef?
She is eating mysis and spirolina flake eagerly, if i keep her well fed and removed the open brain from the tank, what are the chances she would be reasonably reefsafe? So far she hasn't bothered anything except feather dusters but it is still early days yet

P.S. I should mention that there is over 100lbs of rock in the 75g. If the angel wants to eat corals, it will be easier to remove the coral then it would be to remove the fish :lol:

EmilyB
03-16-2005, 05:56 AM
Rearrange some rock and create some new caves. This will give the YT something else to concentrate on.

:biggrin:

vanreefer
03-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Why not put the YT in the reef tank YT = reef safe

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-16-2005, 07:57 AM
My thoughts exactly. YTs are great in reef tanks, just catching it will be a B%tch though.

Anthony

marie
03-16-2005, 02:16 PM
The problem with the yt in the reef, is that it is a peaceful tank with 9 sm fish, mandarin, gramma, 2 unidentified mated blennies, a barnacle blennie, a sm cherub angel, and 3 clown gobies, if i put the yt in there the other fish will never come out of the rocks again.
I also have to consider the clark clown from hell, who has been put in his place by the tang. If it is just the angel and the clown, i could be back where i started from. Anybody want an ugly clown :razz:
unless it gets really bad I will give it another week. hopefully the tang is just feelings his oats now that he has some food in his belly. He is even flairing his fins at me :lol: