PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Surrey!!!

heyfishguy
03-16-2005, 02:49 AM
Hi everyone I live in Surrey BC and have a 90Gal tank that is 48"L x 18"W x 24" H with about 110 lbs of figi live rock in it. The tank has 1 large yellow tang and seven smaller fish like a pair of clowns and yellow tail damsels & zebra damesels etc and 1 conda enenamie. The tank has been running for 3 years now with no problems, the rock is beautifully covered in purple with thousands of little life forms growing all over it. My equipment setup is pretty basic. I use a aqua clear 500 for a filter, a sea clone 150 for a protein skimmer, a power clear 1800 outdoor pond style UV sterilizer, and a few large powerheads and a heater. For lighting I have two All-Glass brand 48" 110 watt power compact hoods. One of them has the original 9900K super daylight bulbs in it and the other has a set of 50/50 bulbs that I just bought yesterday to replace the origanal super daylight bulbs in it. I have a few questions, first off I am wondering what other things I could add to this tank more specifically what type of corals and enenamies if any with this lighting setup? Second what are the advantages of the aticnic bulbs, and how much blue light should you have? Are the 50/50 combos enough blue, or should I dedicate one of the hoods to solid aticnic bulbs? I also have recently noticed that their seems to be tons of sea worms in the rocks, are these bad, is so what should I do about them? The worms are long and look like they have millions of little legs on them. Thanks in advance for your help, I am so glad I found this site. I do most of my fish supply shopping at King Ed Pets, Pauls Aquarium & JL Aquatics.

megatron_55
03-16-2005, 03:09 AM
Hey . . .welcome to the board!!! . . . . Im from delta!! Besides surrey!! Oh and I shop at King Eds and Pauls aquarium too!! . . . You should be able to keep softies . . . as for sps (hard corals) . . . might want to upgrade lighting . . .

I have a 27 gal tank (36x16x12 ...i think) my lighting is 2x92 watt power compact (7.2 watts per gallon). . . check out my tank . . . =)

(Ha Ha i've posted this picture in this forum like 5 times!!)

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/508/1449full_canreef.JPG

Need any frags?? I have some . . . LMK what you have! Pictures??