PDA

View Full Version : Please Leave Feedback....

Xtasia
03-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Trying to figure out the budget for the meet...

Please post if you are interested in coming (Maybes and Yes's only please!)

I have a few meal options and activites lined up but I need to see how much we can spend....

Plan 1:
Booking the Tropical Gallery, with a big omlette station, pancake, fresh fruit breakfast buffet.. having social time for 2 hours, then doing a Behind the Scenes Tour of the Aquarium...

Plan 2:
Behind the Scenes Tour, or Regular Pass for the Aquarium, then Dinner or Lunch somewhere Cheap.

Willow
03-15-2005, 01:08 AM
yes please.

either one seems cool to me, i would like to see behind the scenes and visit with people. the food itself isn't that important. we could even bbq in the park or something.

Tangman
03-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Interested 2 would attend

Jaws
03-15-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm in for either.

Zerandise
03-15-2005, 02:22 AM
noth sound good to me ;)

megatron_55
03-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Sounds excellent!! . . . LMK when its setup . . .PS. how are your zoo frags?? ...

Mega . .

Nemo
03-15-2005, 06:36 AM
plan 1 or 2 for me. If people are bringing kids then count me in for 5, other wise count me in for 2. Does it matter if some of us have memberships to the aquarium?

Robert

hockey nut
03-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Love plan #1

Both are fine though.

In for sure!

Thanks for for setting this up. :biggrin:

Griffin
03-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I would be down for 2 - 3 people. Preferance would be to have a tour in behind and as for food either way -- Anthony will run blocker while we grab and fill our goodie bags. :lol:
As for price - i am good with whatever it works out to be - guess it depends on how many people say yes and how many people show up.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Count me in. Have to check with Irene but I think she'll be interested too. Either option is fine but if we all get day parking passes & the weather is nice, we could do a reefer barbeque & make a full day of it. We'd bring our bikes & do the SeaWall for some much needed exercise & there wouldn't be a time limit. We have 2 portable Thermos-Grill-2-Go units available. If the timing is right & I'm not dead with overwork, I can prep a bunch of the food ahead of time (shoot me already, did I just volunteer :eek: ), especially if there's a few other volunteers. Unfortunately, this option would be the most work in terms of organizing & budgeting but it would allow us to combine our addiction with more family time too.

Of course weather will be an important factor.

Just a thought.

If we end up with option 2, then you'll have to set up a new poll on what type of food & which meal we'll be having.

Anthony

PS. Griffin, I thought it was you running interference for me while I fill the goodies bags :biggrin:

Xtasia
03-16-2005, 12:17 AM
I like the idea of a BBQ after.. we could always do it potluck and BYO-meat.. keep it simple...

Lets consider how the weather will be tho...

I'm going to meet with them on thursday to talk about potential packages... and what exactly we get from the Behind the Scenes Tour...

- Ivy

BCOrchidGuy
03-16-2005, 08:37 PM
There is a cool Mongolian grill type rest. on Davies, it's all you can eat for about $9-$10. I'm in on the visit, tour behind the scenes etc, it's all good.

Doug

bluetang
03-16-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm in for #1. Ive been behind the scenes before and its fairly cool. Looks primitive but very cool none the less.

Rikko
03-16-2005, 11:21 PM
There is a cool Mongolian grill type rest. on Davies, it's all you can eat for about $9-$10. I'm in on the visit, tour behind the scenes etc, it's all good.

Doug

There's another one on Denman that's also all you can eat and right outside Stanley Park. Proximity might work better, and the food's great. I'd say that's why I eat there every day but it's mostly because I'm lazy. :/

Tom R
03-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Ivy

Count me in for the behind the scenes tour. As for the food I will participate in either plan.

Tom R

Chin_Lee
03-17-2005, 12:43 AM
If anybody gets hungry for raw fish after the behind the scenes tour, there's an All You can Eat sushi place on Denman at the corner by Pacific. I had the name in my head and it just disappeared like my many other brain cells :redface: I believe its 12-13 bucks for lunch.

Scales
03-17-2005, 03:02 AM
I am in for the aquarium visit...may have to pass on the food (food allergies suck :evil: )...

Trevor

Griffin
03-18-2005, 04:06 AM
All you can eat Sushi :confused: - i thought that was the behind the scenes tour :biggrin:

hockey nut
03-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Now thats what I call " dinner theatre" :mrgreen:

srysparks
03-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Both plans are good.There will be two attending maybe three.Looking forward to meeting fellow reefers.Lets all get it together.There are lots of good places to eat in that area.If you need help researching I am always in that area and can help.We need a date so we don't double book our plans. Potluck BBQ sounds good and are lots of fun. As friends of Bill W would say keep it simple. :smile:

Zerandise
03-19-2005, 02:23 PM
yeah bbq would be great. we will already be at the park :) Its not like it rains in BC on the coast.... :)

Xtasia
03-21-2005, 02:56 AM
Let's all book off the last FULL weekend in April? April 24th-ish...

I'll probably be Sunday, April 24th, but it depends on the aquarium. If we can't get the 24th I'll book for the Saturday.

Either lunch, then tour, or Tour, then BBQ...

I'll need to start gathering names.. PM them to me, please. Family would be cool.

Who wants to be in charge of making sure the weather is nice?

- Ivy.

untamed
03-21-2005, 06:01 AM
Shoot...those dates leave me out. I was interested in meeting the bunch! Maybe next time!

Brad

trilinearmipmap
03-21-2005, 04:36 PM
If anybody gets hungry for raw fish after the behind the scenes tour, there's an All You can Eat sushi place on Denman at the corner by Pacific. I had the name in my head and it just disappeared like my many other brain cells :redface: I believe its 12-13 bucks for lunch.

"Tampopo" is the name of the sushi restaurant.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Ivy,

PM sent. Irene & I.

Anthony

Tigger
03-21-2005, 05:35 PM
I will be attending....

All you can eat Sushi or mongolian grill sounds good to me.

hockey nut
03-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Pm sent.

Griffin
03-23-2005, 12:39 AM
pm sent :biggrin: