PDA

View Full Version : Cyclop-eeze flakes

Doug
03-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Do your fish eat these orange flakes. I purchased mine sometime ago, thinking they would be good for the fish, similar to the freeze dried version I use.

I have tried many times to feed the flakes but my fish avoid them. They dont even rate the taste and spit it out test anymore. Wonder if the orange colour scares them? :lol:

Coldwater
03-14-2005, 11:11 PM
My fish love the orange coloured food. I feed them Formula One. Maybe your fish have Orangefobia? :razz: . Also is it me or does canreef look better?

Matt

Murminator
03-14-2005, 11:47 PM
I put the freeze dried version in my tank for the corals and fish swim around and try to eat it all :confused:

christyf5
03-15-2005, 01:40 AM
I use the flake as well. Originally I wanted the crumbly stuff but bought the wrong can. My fish love it but the bangaii won't eat any other flake, I think the bright color signifies food and he can't see green spirulina flake, swims right past it while the other fish hoover it up. :rolleyes:

Christy :)

Old Guy
03-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm with Doug on this one. 2 out of 3 tanks won't touch the stuff. My Butterfly tank eats it, but I think out of pure gluttony :lol: .

Doug
03-15-2005, 01:44 PM
I put the freeze dried version in my tank for the corals and fish swim around and try to eat it all :confused:

Everyone in my tank, corals included, love that also.

Doug
03-15-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm with Doug on this one. 2 out of 3 tanks won't touch the stuff. My Butterfly tank eats it, but I think out of pure gluttony :lol: .

Yes, my baby yellow and adult Kole, almost look scared of it. :lol: My 3 juvie percs have a look, but thats about it.

Thats interesting Christy, your bangaii eating it. I have 5 pyjama,s. I have seen them eating smaller flakes from the normal Marine flakes. I dont think they look at the orange Cyclop-eeze but will watch then closer. It would be nice if they would eat them. Give them some variety, besides all the different frozen foods they eat.