PDA

View Full Version : Yellow MH bulbs

Tigger
03-14-2005, 05:31 AM
I bought some Ushio bulbs from JL and I noticed that the 10,000K bulbs appear to be more yellow (less blue) than the previous ones I bought. Has anybody else noticed this? Is this the new color of the 10,000K bulbs, or is there something wrong with the ones I have. The new bulbs do not have the silver base like the old ones did.

Somebody told me that it takes about 100 hours to burn in, but I have now been running them for longer than that, and they are still yellowy.

StirCrazy
03-14-2005, 12:51 PM
all bulbs have varences, different batches ect. so any one bulb will have slight differences in output and in color. after the burn in it should be better but personaly I think this is more due to you getting used to the color.

are you seeing the yellow while running actinic lighting?

Also I expect to see a hint of yellow in a 10K bulb, and more so in a lower K bulb.

Steve

bluetang
03-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Yes the ushio is yellow'r than previous. Snoop Dog from the board bought two and even with actinics the tank has a yellow look.

Scales
03-14-2005, 08:10 PM
I thought it was just my tank!!!

I changed my bulbs in early January....I am sure they have "burned in" by now and are still much yellower than the last set...I am quite unhappy with the current look...